Kiewit Corporation Field/Office Engineer - Eastern District (2022) in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 135480
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Project Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right.
As a Field/Office Engineer, you bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Kiewit’s Eastern District specializes in challenging heavy civil construction projects throughout the Northeast, including the metropolitan areas of New York, Chicago, Boston, and Washington DC. We are leaders in bridge, transit, foundation, tunnel, and water/wastewater construction while specializing in cast-in-place concrete, structural steel erection, earthwork, pile driving, and caissons. Kiewit’s Eastern District also has a large amount of work in the energy/power sector in various northeast locations. With our experienced and dedicated employees, extensive resources and in-depth market knowledge, the Eastern District can handle projects of any size.
Kiewit is a company that goes where the work is, which means a career with us can take you and your family to exciting parts of North America – and maybe even beyond. Eastern District’s work predominately exists within the Great Lakes Area and the Northeast. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date. Must be able to travel and relocate as frequently as business needs require. These projects are happening in large cities and small towns, so you have a chance to experience it all!
• Assist in interpretation of drawings and specifications for field crews and craft supervision
• Perform quantity calculations by taking measurements and determining percentage of completed/installed materials and work
• Assist in the preparation of work plans and work packages
• Assist in field surveying and work layout support including elevation, control points, and compilation of as-built data
• Assist in compiling, processing, and confirming daily labor timesheets
• Assist in the preparation of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s)
• Participate in jobsite safety reviews, toolbox meetings, mass safety meetings, and safety training
• Order and schedule material deliveries
• Plan, schedule, and coordinate work groups on the jobsite
• Supervise field operations
Office Engineering/Estimating :
• Perform basic engineering calculations and technical drafting to support field operations
• Assist Engineers to gather and prepare data for submittal or transmittal to the customer, vendors, subcontractors, governmental agencies, and internal use
• Assist in preparation of purchase orders and subcontracts, performing minor solicitations and purchasing as requested
• Assist in the maintenance of basic project recordkeeping and correspondence functions including daily reports, photographs, requests for information (RFIs), and memorandums
• Assist with entering data into the job cost system and participate in reviewing cost reports with jobsite management
• Assist in generating change orders and as-built data to be reviewed by the Project Manager
• Provide field support and supervise subcontractor operations
• Assist in reviewing and analyzing historical data relative to the project, incorporating various productions and costs appropriate in preparation of a bid
• Complete a plan and specification review for an assigned project, assessing the risk areas and bringing them to the attention of the Senior Estimator
• Complete material and quantity takeoffs according to bid documents
• 0-1 years of related professional experience in the construction field
• Ability to travel and relocate as required
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong work ethic - Willing to do what it takes to get the job done
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.