AdventHealth Physical Therapy Aide II Rehab Support Service PT Days in Winter Park, Florida
Physical Therapy Aide II/Technical Aide -AdventHealth Winter Park
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Winter Park
- Winter Park Memorial Hospital has continuously served the residents of Winter Park and its surrounding communities for more than 50 years
- Chartered in 1951, the hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 307-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness
- Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, cancer care at the AdventHealth Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute
- Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Works without close supervision, consulting with supervisors/managers when appropriate, seeking approval and advice on situations outside personal authority and expertise as observed by the Team Manager/RN.
- Maintains professional and functional work environment by keeping equipment and work areas clean, appropriately stocked and orderly. Assists in maintaining all department equipment in safe and proper working order by checking it prior to use. Completes reports and work orders and sequesters all confirmed or suspected malfunctioning equipment. Ensures that electrical equipment is maintained (PM checks) on a yearly or on as needed basis, as evident by maintaining timely, accurate and legible records.
- Anticipates needs and prepares to assist with patient care. Ensures patient and staff safety by recognizing situations which place patient or staff at risk and responds appropriately.
- Assists staff with patient care, treatment and other tasks by correctly and promptly carrying out assigned activities/duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- High School Diploma or GED
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Inpatient areas only
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
Non-licensed worker who is specifically trained to perform duties necessary to expedite the efficient functioning of the department. As allowed by State Practice Act and under the supervision of a therapist/therapist assistant/ATC/RN, assists with providing direct and indirect services to a specific age group in the acute care, inpatient and/or outpatient rehabilitation settings. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies, and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.