Robert Half Staff Accountant in Wilmington, Delaware
Robert Half is partnering with a construction company in Wilmington, DE who is seeking a skilled Staff Accountant on a contract-to-hire basis! In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to book of accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions
• Analyze daily banking transaction and journal entries
• Reconcile sub-ledger accounts
• Prepare monthly reports into excel spread sheet for analysis
• Verify and reconcile contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate transactions.
• Assist with collection efforts and interact with tenants regarding lease compliance issues
• Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports.
• Prepare journal entries
• Monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements
• Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
• Prepare analysis of accounts as requested
• Assist with year-end closing
• Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
Candidates with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, knowledge of accounting principles and practices, knowledge of finance principles, financial reporting and relevant work experience are strongly encouraged to apply! If you or anyone you know is immediately available for work and interested in learning more, apply online today or call us at 302-252-3770!
Requirements - General ledger experience required
University Degree experience desired
Deep understanding of journal entries
Monthly Reporting experience
Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation experience
Detailed and have the ability work independently
Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
Ability to complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines
Recent and relevant accounting experience
Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
Proficient in ERP systems
BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
Exemplary analytical, quantitative and social skills
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.