TEKsystems Junior Software Engineer in West Chicago, Illinois
Responsible for continued expansion of existing .NET applications. Leverages existing and new software to integrate core business pieces into on-premise and cloud-based solutions. Writes, develops, and secures API for inbound and outbound processing. Works with other members of the IT department to ensure data quality of the products. Provides support to the sales team to support customer requests and drives overall efficiency and improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Analyzes, designs, develops, codes, and implements programs in one or more programming languages for Web and Rich Internet Applications, internal applications, and APIs.
• Maintain and enhance existing .Net applications, services and/or websites.
• Integrate software with third-party applications
• Supports applications with an understanding of system integration, test planning, scripting, and troubleshooting.
• Participates in project meetings with other technical staff, business owners and subject matter experts.
• Identify opportunities to improve the business by the development of additional modules or features.
• Peer code review that is written by others
• Provide verbal and written project status updates.
• 2+ years experience required
• Experience with design and development of web services (REST/SOAP, JSON-based REST microservices)
• Proficient in SQL and Stored Procedures such as in MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
• Experience in creating REST API documentation using Swagger and YAML or similar tools
• Experience with Security frameworks (e.g., JWT, OATH2)
• Good collaboration skills applied successfully within the team as well as with other areas
• Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to manage projects to completion with oversight
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Good attention to detail
• Driven to learn and stay current professionally
• Sharp, fast learner with technology curiosity and aptitude
C#, Programming, object oriented, oauth
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Really would like someone to convert in the 70-80k range.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.