VCA Animal Hospitals Office Manager/Client Service Supervisor in Wakefield, Massachusetts
Client Service Supervisor
We are seeking a highly experienced Client Service Professional to join our leadership team as Office Manager/Client Service Supervisor.
Under direction from the Hospital Manager/Administrator, the Office Manager/Client Service Supervisor performs a wide range of difficult-to-complex administrative activities related to quality patient care and excellent client service, management of finances and accounting, marketing and promotion of services, staffing and human resources, and discretionary activities that serve to support effective business operations.
Applicant must be a reliable self-starter, motivated by a challenging, fast-paced environment. Strong candidates will have supervisory experience, a positive attitude, a friendly demeanor towards both animals and people, will be detail oriented, have the ability to multi-task and can demonstrate the importance and understanding of high quality customer service.
Skills and Qualifications
• Excellent knowledge of client service and communication center operations.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong client relations and interpersonal skills.
• Intermediate to expert computer skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong supervisory skills.
• Self-starter and team player.
• Strong client service background.
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
• 2 years of supervisory experience required.
• 2 years of experience in the veterinary field required.
• The schedule for this position will be based on the needs of the business. Supervisor will have a flexible schedule to ensure coverage which include days, weekends and holidays.
The following is a list of essential job requirements. This list may be revised at any time and additional duties not listed here may be assigned as needed. Job Functions and Job Responsibilities include overseeing that the following occur within the hospitals.
Staff Management - Front Office:
• Hiring with appropriate references.
• Staff performance and salary reviews.
• Disciplinary Action.
• Training, education, developing of staff
• Assign job responsibility to each staff member.
• Supervise staff to assure that each job is being effectively handled.
• Employee policy enforcement.
• Employee relations and communications.
• Payroll calculations, goal calculations, time clock maintenance.
• Organize and conduct staff meetings.
• Monitor employee competence and effectiveness.
• Oversees training of all staff in accordance to the principals of the VCA Mission Statement, Three Steps Of Service and VCA Standards of Client Service and that the above is known and practiced by all.
• Oversee client flow to insure that clients and patients are seen and treated in a professional, timely and competent manner.
• Responsible for administration and review of non-medical client complaints.
• Oversee call back system including overdue reminder calls.
• Oversee collections and returned checks.
• Oversee billing, calculation of any discounts and other special accounts.
• Modify and update systems and procedures wherever needed to better serve clients, patients, the practice and employees (i.e., modify schedules for the most productive use of time).
• Verify receipt of all supplies, mark invoices and packing slips received and send them into payment to corporate.
• Prepare packets of information to be sent to the corporate office.
• Sort and process the daily mail.
• Management feedback reports - bi weekly.
• Perform transaction corrections.
• Make certain bank deposits are made daily.
• Ensure that the OSHA and Safety program and procedures are being continuously monitored, updated and reported so the hospital is in safety compliance.
• Meet with the Medical Director and Regional Operations Director or District Manager/Area Supervisor and/or Hospital Manager regularly to discuss evaluate and plan for the welfare of the practice.
• Ensure that marketing events are effective - internal and external.
• Motivate front office staff.
• Check all transactions for accuracy and missed services through regular daily audits.
• Oversee that records are kept up to date. This includes client records with correct names, addresses, pets, charges, medical history, vaccine status, medications administered, laboratory reports, etc.
• Ensure that system of pulling charts, authorization forms for boarding, grooming, surgery, laboratory, x-ray, euthanasia, etc., callbacks, client cards and filing is in place and all receptionists are in compliance.
• Responsible for follow-up and corrections on reminder cards, statements and any other returned mailings.
• Monitor the cost of purchasing so the practice operates within budget.
• Monitor front office staff scheduling so the practice operates within budget.
• Monitor and approve all expenditures within guidelines.
• Review the income statements and other financial data to find ways to improve revenues and hospital contribution.
• Oversee petty cash control and all other accounting functions established.
• Review charges on a daily basis to ensure that all charges have been captured.
• Responsible for cash control in hospital ensuring VCA standards are followed.
• Review accounts receivable to confirm proper and timely process.
• Understand, participate and support planned marketing events and programs.
• Ensure that the hospital staff utilizes the VCA marketing tools and materials.
• Ensure that the hospital staff follows instructions for implementing authorized marketing discounts in the computer system.
• Responsible for tracking and accurately reporting of marketing results.
• Oversee the maintenance/housekeeping of the hospital for orderliness and cleanliness of both the inside and outside of the building.
• Monitor janitorial responsibilities.
• Attend regional meetings.
• Schedule doctor meetings.
• Plan hospital management meetings.
• Organize monthly staff meeting agenda in conjunction with hospital management team and VCA guidelines.
• Read and respond to all communication in a timely manner.
• Ensure that VCA policies, guidelines and recommendations are quickly communicated to hospital staff and adequate training follows.
We offer competitive compensation and great benefits for eligible employees, including medical/dental, generous personal pet care discounts and more!
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com