AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Repair Technician 1 in United States
• Completes all automotive maintenance and repairs: engine repair, gas and diesel, automatic transmission/transaxle diagnosis and repair, manual transmission/ transaxle diagnosis and repair, suspension and steering diagnosis and repair, brakes diagnosis and repair, including ABS/traction control, electrical diagnosis and repair, heating and air conditioning diagnosis and repair, engine performance diagnosis and repair.
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of specialized skills, and continue to develop additional technical skills, to enable flexibility in work assignments.
• Maintains a clean, well-organized work area. Properly maintains tools and equipment and follow safety procedures as outlined in the safety information supplied by each equipment manufacturer and corporate safety policies.
• Organizes the work presented and plan for the highest efficiency in the performance of all job functions, including vehicle movement.
• Accurately performs repairs and maintenance on all vehicles presented in a professional manner, as specified in manufacturer-designed procedures or accepted industry practices.
• Accurately completes all paperwork, including, repair information on work orders, information for state and emission inspections, etc.
• Verifies repairs are properly completed by re-testing repaired system to ensure proper function and road tests vehicles, as necessary, to identify concerns or validate repair.
• Returns vehicle in clean condition; does not disturb personal property in the vehicle unless movement is required for repair procedures.
• Completely reviews repair orders with Service Advisor to ensure all repairs requested are completed.
• Obtains approval from Service Advisor, who will create an estimate and obtain customer approval before work begins. Submits written requests to the service advisor for approval to sell any additional items that are identified and determined to be worn or defective upon disassembly of a system or sub system.
• Reads, understands and utilizes appropriate technical bulletins.
• Attends automotive classes’ seminars and meetings, as recommended by management.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Repair Technician I (CC02R1)
• Knowledge of PC-based automotive computer equipment and software applications.
• Effective organizational and analytical skills, along with effective written and oral communication skills to enable accurate completion of assignments and effective interaction with others.
• Ability to adjust work schedule and priorities to meet business needs.
• Bilingual communication skills (preferred)
Education & Experience / Licenses & Certification
• High school or equivalent required. Automotive trade school certification or equivalent preferred.
• Must be ASE Certified in 4 levels from A1-A8, X1
• Smog license, ASE G1 and A9 a plus
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record and the ability to operate passenger vehicles and light and medium-duty trucks with automatic and manual transmissions.
• 3 yrs experience inspecting and repairing cars and light trucks.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
Lifting and carrying tires and parts, weighing up to 50 pounds, several times a day; bending and kneeling to vacuum and clean vehicles; pushing cars several times a month; and climbing ladders to retrieve parts several times a day. Some exposure to loud noises every day for up to 30 minutes at a time from air tools and auto repair equipment. A percent of time is spent traveling by car to pick up parts.
Communication (Intermediate) Interpersonal Savvy (Learning) Customer Centricity (Intermediate) Time Management (Intermediate) Adaptive Learning (Learning) Problem Solving (Learning)
Innovation. It’s what motivates and drives our 4,200 Team Members as the key to enhance Member value, employee satisfaction, and our future success. We have a 117-year history of service, creating Members for life. We generate $4 Billion in annual sales and serve nearly 6 million Members across 7 states. A3 is our Innovation Lab, where we have launched GIG Car Share, GoMentum Station, AAA CarConnect, AAA House Manager, and the first Autonomous Shuttle. If innovation and purpose are what you’re looking for, journey forward with us.