Legrand NA Regional VP Sales in United States
At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a remote Regional VP Sales to join the WattStopper Team in Carlsbad, CA.
What Will You Do?
Role: Responsible for the development of the sales and implementation of marketing strategies
set forth by the company. Staffing the sales positions with qualified independent agents and/or
directs on a timely basis; developing an effective, well trained sales force; motivating the Field
Sales Force to high achievement levels through leadership; establishing and developing an
effective network while growing key strategic account relationships.
Organization: Organizational Leader competency model
Main Interface: Internal – business leadership, all levels of sales organization, marketing,
customer and technical service team members. External - customers, distributors, agency
reps and management, electrical industry organization representatives.
Budget: Works with VP sales to develop sales budget for region, manages to budget during
Main Job Duties:
- Manage and review the performances of all sales channels, agencies and/or directs.
Counsel, train, advise and direct their activities in support of the complete Legrand value
- Work in conjunction with the Marketing leadership and Product Managers to coordinate
marketing efforts in order to maximize sales volume, product mix and margin.
- Prepare annual sales and expense forecast and manage to throughout the year. Manage
regional sample budget, monthly forecasting and quarterly regional reports. Responsible
for regional budget.
- Prepare annual business plan in support of company objectives. Manage, update and
implement activities and strategies to support the plan.
- Develop key end customer and channel relationships to enhance market /product
intelligence as well as creating opportunity, maintaining loyalty and continuity.
- Implement and drive the division sales strategy, national channel strategy and related
business strategies in concert with management teams.
- Directly manages sales team for assigned region, including interviewing, hiring and
training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance;
rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Establishes and maintains employee performance standards. Works with employees to
set goals and define development needs. Provides ongoing, timely feedback and
periodic formal performance evaluations, per company guidelines.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
Education: BS or BA from an accredited university, MBA a plus.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years in Electrical Industry. A minimum of 5 years of Managerial experience.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the product, markets, channels and the electrical
industry as whole.
- Must have solid business acumen and understanding of a variety of
functional areas within the business.
Must understand implement marketing strategy and manage teams to that strategy.
Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to supervise and manage others.
Provide leadership, guidance, development and motivation to staff to achieve superior
results and accomplish overall business objectives.
- Must be able to provide the right balance of guidance/support and autonomy, based upon employees’ level of skills,
knowledge and competence.
Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a team based environment.
Fosters open communication and support an environment of innovation and creative change.
Creates enthusiasm and inspires teamwork and cooperation within organization and with
other functions and Legrand entities.
- Excellent skills in project management, demonstrated ability to make timely and effective
decision, handle multiple priorities and effectively delegate responsibilities to ensure high
quality service is delivered on time and within budget.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to
communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Must be an effective listener, able to maintain focus extract necessary information and validate understanding
of the information.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation
software, e-mail and meeting management software.
- Ability to use internet and web-based resources efficiently and effectively
Representing more than 150 years of innovation, Legrand is the global specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructures. Our purpose is improving lives by transforming the spaces where people live, work and meet with electrical and digital infrastructures and connected solutions that are simple, innovative and sustainable. Every day, over 39,000 Legrand employees work hard to enhance the buildings of tomorrow. Legrand is a global, publicly traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with revenue of €7 billion, and products sold in 180 countries. For more information, visit www.legrandgroup.com/en
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 6,500 associates in 50 locations, working across six divisions/sector: Audio Visual, Building Controls Systems, Data Power and Controls, Electrical Wiring Systems, and Lighting. We hold a leading position in every North American market we serve and focus on exceeding our customers’ needs within the commercial, residential, and industrial industries. LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as distinctive benefits like a high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity and parental leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active/growing Employee Resource Group network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growing company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us
About Legrand’s Building Control Systems Division
Legrand’s Building Control Systems (BCS) division includes the Wattstopper, Vantage, and Shading Systems product lines. BCS industry-leading energy-efficient lighting controls technology and services are designed to meet code, ensure ease of installation, and enable precision control of light in offices, classrooms, hospitals, homes, and more. Combined with our Shading Systems for residential and commercial applications, Legrand’s Building Control Systems provides leading solutions for the control of natural and electric light in spaces where people live, learn, and work. BCS teams’ partner with designers to offer solutions that meet today’s green initiatives, including LEED, WELL Building, Living Building Challenge, and more
Equal Opportunity Employer
External Company Name: Legrand North America