Eaton Corporation IT Project Manager in United States
Join Eaton’s Information Technology team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking an IT Project Manager to join out Information Technology Administrative Center of Excellence (ADMCoE). This position is based at our Eaton Center in Beachwood, Ohio. No relocation is being offered for this position. If the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate must work at that site. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate will work remote from another US Eaton Facility or an approved home office.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role you will:
Initiate and Plan
• Draft the project charter; ensure requirements are aligned with the scope and approved by the sponsor
• Work with resource managers to staff projects. Define and communicate roles for project team
• Develop the project plan with direct input from stakeholders that details the work break down structure, critical path, resources, and effort. Ensure stakeholders are committed to the plan
• Establish project budget; capital hardware, software, and labor; expense labor and non-labor
• Develop communication strategies with key stakeholders
• Develop risk management plans; identify risks and develop respective mitigation and contingency plans. Define the risk reserve and incorporate it into the project plan
Execute and Control
• Manage employee, contractor, and supplier deliverables to ensure the project is completed on time per the schedule approved at Gate 2
• Manage quality of the deliverables. Ensure all requirements have been validated (i.e., traceability matrix) and ensure the user acceptance tests have been developed, approved, and executed to successful completion prior to going live
• Manage the project budget; track effort and green dollar spend; correlate actuals and forecast to the plan (burn rate)
• Lead communications with key stakeholders. Monitor and report on schedule and budget variances. Ensure all communications related to implementation are completed
• Document and drive issues through resolution; escalate to customer, supplier, and Eaton management as necessary
• Continually manage risk to reduce the impact or likelihood of occurrence
• Develop and manage the implementation plan including production verification. Manage issues at go-live and through warranty period
• Ensure sign-off on all major system deliverables by stakeholders
• Ensure all invoices are received and processed
• Ensure smooth transition to support and that the CMDB is updated
• Lead and document lessons learned with all pertinent stakeholders, review missed estimates with resource managers
• If a capital project, ensure CAR is closed
Additional Job Responsibilities:
Build a project plan in MS Project; effective WBS, critical path (duration, dependencies and successors), resource assignments/availability, effort (hours), gantt and resource usage views are accurate and used, timeline, baseline, no red lines, no question marks.
Include work required to mitigate risk as well as that required to complete the defined deliverables
Consistently measure actual effort to planned effort and forecast potential issues. Project manager needs to track to +-10% of the forecast
Regularly track resource effort on the project
Capture resources charging time to the project inappropriately; ensure resources are entering time against project correctly
Compare the actual effort to the gate 2 committed effort and identify potential issues - either above or below budget
Plan and capture capitalized and recovered labor on the project
Manage vendors to deliver on commitments. Vendors will deliver hardware/software and the project manager needs to effectively manage that delivery.
Manage large RFP/SOW/Contract. Engagement of SCM and the IPO in Ireland is critical.
Identify the risks and actions needed to mitigate the risk and act in the event of realization.
Document in a risk management plan and update regularly based on actions taken.
Identify the risks, rate their probability and impact, develop action plans to mitigate them, and define contingency plans should they realize the risk. These action plans then should substantial enough to be incorporated into the project plan.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required.
Minimum of 7 years of Project Management experience.
Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and in the future.
- 10+ years of Project Management experience.
Intermediate to Advanced understanding of IT Infrastructure.
Subject matter expertise in one or more technologies.
Intermediate to Advanced understanding of the IT Strategic Plan and its integration and impact points of involved systems globally for a division or function.
Knowledge and solid understanding of computer hardware/software, data management, application programming, data communications, operating systems, utilities and data security.
Communication, Self-Motivation, Leadership, Teamwork, Problem Solving, Negotiation, Conflict resolution skills.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.