Abt Associates Regional Reporting Officer - ETICA Tajikistan in Tajikistan
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Regional Reporting Officer under the USAID Expanding Tuberculosis Identification, Treatment, and Prevention in Central Asia (ETICA) project. ETICA aims to reduce the burden of TB in Central Asia by building local and regional capacity for improving the detection and treatment of drug-resistant tuberculosis (DR-TB). The project will have country programs in Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and Kazakhstan, complemented by regional exchange and support to Turkmenistan and Kyrgyzstan. We are looking for individuals who are committed to exceeding expectations and who strive to improve the lives of people worldwide.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Working under the supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party, the Reporting Officer (RO) will work closely with the Program team to generate and maintain the program’s technical and programmatic reports. In a quick response environment driven by client demand, the Reporting Officer will work with our three country office teams to gather the technical information needed for client mandated program reporting, compile information on program status and impact for the weekly reports, as well as quarterly and annual performance reports, and ad hoc requests. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Use information from program activities and field reporting to compile results-based information products on program status and impact, including project deliverables
- Report program status and impact to a number of audiences and through a variety of formats
- Coordinate weekly report outputs highlights, ad-hoc reporting, provide substantial inputs to Program team in writing of quarterly reports and client updates
- Provide critical inputs and analysis into draft reporting submitted from the regional technical leads
- Provide regular mentorship and guidance to country staff to ensure quality report writing
- Review quality of all version final reporting products prior to submission
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation activities as requested
- Coordinates with Program team on program’s activity tracker, to ensure activities, commitments and deliverables are captured
- Utilizes critical inputs, feedback, and assessments to inform changes in program
Explore and suggest additional opportunities for information products
- Suggest innovative approaches in program reporting both in terms of approach and delivery
- Participates in best practices working group within program
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office, have professional level writing skills in English, fluency in Russian and have experience in writing reports on short deadlines
- Experience in reporting and public health analysis will be advantageous
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Public Health related field in accredited Public School in US or relevant International University
- 8 – 10 years of demonstrated experience in deadline driven, program implementation reporting environment;
- Strong report writing skills in English and abilities to capture the subject of writing, formulate the purpose of the report, and relate subject, purpose and content to the specific information needs of the audience which reports are intended to engage
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working with an international development organization and knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for communications or MIS
- Knowledge of USAID/USG and other donor contracts, cooperative agreements, and grant regulations
- Should be resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building and, with minimal supervision, be able to manage high volume work flow
- Relevant computer skills with proficiency relevant software such as MS Office and other data management systems
This position is based in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
- (6+) years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
If you are interested in applying to this position, please send your CV and cover letter to CentralAsiaJobs@abtassoc.com . Please write “TajikistanFinance and Administration Manager” in the subject line of your email. Please note that applications without the correct subject line and attachments will not be considered.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.