SOS International LLC Badging Supervisor in Iraq
For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
4-191011-9683: Badging Supervisor
Location Overseas - Iraq
Open Date 10/11/2019
SOSi is seeking a Badging Supervisor for our current contract located on Camp Taji, Iraq.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Supervises the day to day activities of the Badging Office
- Monitors and reviews the documents and interviews of the Badging Linguist to ensure adherence to the practices and procedures established by the Security Manager
- Assists Security Manager in the creation of practices and procedures that define the Badging process
- Assists the Badging Linguist with the interview and documentation review process, when required
- Performs additional duties as requested
- Three to five years’ personnel security management experience
- Must have a proficiency in Arabic and English speaking, writing, interpreting and translating - Native proficiency preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Arabic culture with previous work in the region
- Ability to understand the essentials of all speech in standard dialect and vocabulary rarely requiring the need for paraphrasing or explanation
- Familiarity with the local culture and customs with the ability to operate within the local populace on site
- Understanding of Security System administration functions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to meet certain pre-deployment medical/dental screening requirements
- LOGCAP/Military management experience is preferable
D ESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Fluency in a foreign language
- Willingness to live and work under environmental and other conditions that may be uncomfortable at times
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
- Requires periods of non-traditional hours including consecutive nights or weekends when necessary
- May require ability to lift/and or move objects or packages of up to 25 lbs.