Dell Global Supply Management Advisor in China
Global Supply Management Advisor
Global supply at one of the world’s largest technology companies is no small challenge. It’s complex, fast moving, ever changing and above all exciting. It keeps our people on their toes. Our Global Supply Management team within Materials and Procurement takes charge of global supply planning for specific platforms and commodity areas. Focused on business goals and objectives, we take the lead in supplier selection, product delivery specifications and quality. We succeed through our ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with global internal and external supply chain partners.
Join us as a Global Supply Management Advisor on our Global Supply Management team in Shanghai China to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Global Supply Management Advisor, you will be responsible for providing procurement expertise to ensure optimized supply chain strategies across multiple programs.
• Coordinate and integrate the flow of materials and information among suppliers, operations/manufacturing, distributors, and customers
• Manage strategic supply chain analysis to identify and recommend opportunities for improving efficiency, effectiveness, and capabilities of the supply chain, for new and existing products
• Coordinate activities globally to prevent material shortages and react quickly to material shortages; minimize excess and obsolete material
• Represent procurement on product development teams to ensure “design to value” analysis is done throughout product lifecycle and help manage/reduce supply chain complexity
• Work with regional demand teams to plan pre-production and production materials and manage worldwide / regional procurement to ensure risk mitigation plan is in place for any identified supply chain risks
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• 5 to 8 years of relevant experience
• Excellent understanding of global supply chain, manufacturing footprint and logistics capabilities
• Strong program and project management skills
• Solid supply chain management expertise, negotiation and supplier evaluation skills
• Deep market research and trends knowledge; as well as a sound understanding of business goals, strategies, and current industry trends
• Bachelor’s Degree
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Application closing date: 28 February 2022
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .