Marriott Concierge Supervisor in United Arab Emirates
Job Number 21032335
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP (https://www.google.com/maps?q=JW+Marriott+Marquis+Hotel+Dubai%2CSheikh+Zayed+Road%2CDubai%2CUnited+Arab+Emirates%2CAE)
Brand JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Assist in supervising all concierge operations with a focus on ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided. Represents concierge department in resolving any guest or hotel related situation. Supervise the flow of questions and directs guests within the hotel front drive and Lobby. Serves as hierarchy to Asst. Chief Concierge and handles the tracking of flawless service for guest. Assists in managing the day to day operations of the Concierge team.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
• Responsible for providing hands on leadership to the entire concierge department.
• Ensures robust Arrival Experience & Elite / VIP Guest Recognition plans are in place to drive strong Guest Experience scores.
• Serves as an immediate supervisor to the Assistant chief concierge in achieving and driving guest satisfaction goals.
• Manages the flow of operation at the front drive in assisting the valet and doorman.
• Ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
• Reviews staffing levels and suggest levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met within all areas of concierge.
• Observes service behaviours of associates and ensures that all uniformed associates are properly attired and groomed, each wearing a nametag and appropriate brand standards.
• Understands and follows all call in procedure for all emergency plans including accident, death, elevator, thefts, vicious crimes, bombs, fire, etc.
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Supervises & assists all areas of the concierge under minimum supervision.
• Serves as a leader in displaying outstanding hospitality skills.
• Sets a positive example for concierge team.
• Empowers and motivates associates to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of associates in terms of brand standard audits and provides feedback to individuals.
• Conducts monthly job chats, and updates the performance tracker for future review purposes.
• Maintains high visibility in public areas during peak times.
• Monitors all maintenance and upkeep of the luggage rooms and assets of the hotel.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates and takes time to appreciate and provide feedbacks as and when required.
• Leads by example for training and role plays for all guest related interactions.
• Sets high degree of training skills and demonstrates training abilities by tracking performances and being a role model for the team.
• Conducts Mid-year and year end reviews for the team reporting directly.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Be able to perform any additional scope of duties if requested by the Chief Concierge and Senior Management to perform any additional scope of duties if requested by the Management.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.