Cisco DevSecOps Engineer in Vancouver, Canada
Why Cisco Cloud Security
We enable our customers to securely adopt the cloud and deliver security the way the world works today.
We protect users against threats anywhere they access the internet, and secure customer data and applications in the cloud. We use the cloud to deliver simplified security policy management and dynamic threat intelligence.
With Cisco Cloud Security, customers gain complete visibility into internet activity across cloud applications, all office locations, and roaming devices, plus faster threat detection and response.
Cisco Cloud Security provides an effective security platform that is open, automated, and simple to use. And it’s backed by industry-leading threat information delivered by the Cisco Talos security intelligence and research group.
Who You'll Work With
The Umbrella Data Platform Team builds the infrastructure that thousands of customers rely on to get visibility into the security of their networks and mobile devices. Our systems process billions of events every day, and we present it via powerful reports and analysis tools.
Who You Are
You are a self-starter and have a passion to learn technologies. Your strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking and problem solving capabilities coupled with your ability to stay focused while working under pressure make you a great fit for our team
What You'll Do
- Deploy and maintain infrastructure in a 24x7 production environment.
- Develop automation for systems deployment, patching of security vulnerabilities, and failure recovery.
- Help us integrate security at all phases of the development process, so that we can achieve the highest level of security certifications.
- Maintain production services by monitoring latency, availability, and overall health. Determine when we need to increase capacity and scale things up.
- Debug system and performance issues. You enjoy diving into the difficult and obscure things that others can’t.
Skills and required experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving software/systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Significant knowledge of security best practices.
- Proven experience with AWS. You can build AMIs with Packer, deploy and manage resources with Terraform, and automate things with Ansible.
- Experience with Linux. You know your way around the command-line and are close friends with lsof, strace, tcpdump, and their associates.
- A solid understanding of network architecture, and experience building systems that span multiple geographic regions.
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages including Bash, Python, etc. Additional development experience would be an asset.
- Experience with the software release process. You know how to get things deployed, and you also always have a rollback strategy in case things don’t go as planned.
- Experience performing vulnerability assessments and threat modeling. You know the difference between CSRF and XSS and you love to share your knowledge with others.
- Familiarity with Prometheus, Datadog, etc. for monitoring and alerting.
- Experience with Big Data would be an asset.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.