Occidental Petroleum Administrative Assistant - GOM in The Woodlands, Texas
Title: Administrative Assistant - GOM Location: United States-Texas-The Woodlands Other Locations:
Occidental is an international energy company with operations in the United States, Middle East, Latin America and Africa. We are the largest onshore oil producer in the U.S., including in the Permian Basin, and a leading offshore producer in the Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon dioxide management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit Oxy.com for more information.
Occidental strives to attract and retain talented employees by investing in their professional development and providing rewarding opportunities for personal growth. Our goal is to meet the highest employer standards by ensuring the health and safety of our employees, protecting the environment and positively impacting our communities where we do business.
Serve as an experienced and motivated Administrative Assistant for the GOM Operations team, primarily located in Oxy’s office in The Woodlands, Texas, responsible for supporting the Ops group’s administration support needs.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain systems to report, track, file and document various business unit initiatives/processes.
- Assist in preparing reports, bulletins, and alerts in addition to providing document control.
- Provide clerical support for Ops team
- Perform word processing of letters, memos, reports, agreements, exhibits and general business correspondence.
- Prepare presentation materials, including charts, graphs and slides.
- Schedule meetings and make travel arrangements for team members.
- Coordinate and manage logistics for group celebrations, technical conferences and meetings.
- Handle confidential information with discretion.
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, team records management and basic bookkeeping.
- Store, retrieve, and integrate information for dissemination to staff and clients.
- Prepare expense reports and organization charts as needed for the department.
- Coordinate internal and external events, groups of up to 500 people Collaborate with other department team members internal and external
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years of administrative experience
- Light travel (<10%) to support key Operations events (e.g. Training Fair)
- Able to work multiple tasks simultaneously and manage one’s own time.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills, and customer focus.
- Highly effective team player with a positive attitude.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to learn and take on more complex tasks.
- Takes responsibility for completing tasks with minimal supervision.
- Good time management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage files for linking to web pages and other documents.
- Ability to assist the business unit with a variety of constantly changing tasks.
- Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation.
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.