Cabela's Group Sales Manager in Tampa, Florida
Position summary: The Group Sales Manager supervises one or more of the Sales Departments within the store to include the merchandise presentation, inventory control, pricing, sales enhancements, staff selection and development and customer service activities.
1) Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers
2) Meet or exceed all financial plans as set by the Company
3) Execute all Sales plans as directed by the Company
4) Opens and Closes the Store
5) Has “Manager on Duty” responsibilities
6) Maintain planograms as set by the Corporate Office
7) Staff the Departments with “service” oriented associates; participates in interviewing and selection, coordinates training, prepares / approves performance appraisals, recommends merit / promotional increases, prepares weekly work schedules, coaches and motivates associates to promote positive customer relations and a productive team-oriented work environment
8) Resolves customer and associate issues
9) Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws, including: interviewing, hiring & training, planning, assigning and directing work; measuring and evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems
10) Provide a legendary experience for every customer, every time by assisting customers in making buying decisions by:
identifying and evaluating customers' needs
making product recommendations based off of this analysis
promoting programs including, but not limited to CLUB Membership, VOC and In-Store Pick-up
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of 3-5 years in Retail Management, with responsibility for one or more Sales Departments.
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions and percentages.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to interpret a variety of other financial, legal and technical information.
Ability to read and analyze certain reports. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, associates, customers and the general public.
Ability to conduct meetings and presentations to groups.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proficiency with PC-based word processing, spreadsheets, data based management and electronic point of sale and inventory management systems.
Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, associates, customers and with the Corporate Staff.
Demonstrated use of Team concept of Management.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: N/A
To accomplish the essential functions of this job, Incumbent will be required to:
Constantly stand and/or walk during shift
Constantly communicate with others to exchange information
Constantly repeat motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Constantly assess the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned
Light work that includes constantly lifting and moving objects up to 20 pounds, occasionally move and lift objects up to 100 pounds or more (utilizing a team lift as needed)
Occasionally ascend or descend ladders, stairs, step stools, etc
Occasionally operate machinery and/or power tools
Occasionally operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
Occasionally work in low or high temperatures
Occasionally work in outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind.
Occasionally work in noisy environments
Occasionally work in hazardous conditions
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Qualified individuals with known disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please visit your nearest location or contact us at email@example.com.
Full Time Benefits Summary:
Enjoy discounts on retail merchandise, our restaurants, world-class resorts and conservation attractions!
Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Account
401k Retirement Savings
Paid sick time
Bass Pro Cares Fund
And more! (https://benefitsfair.online/bassprobenefits/)
Bass Pro Shops
About Bass Pro Shops
Bass Pro Shops (http://www.basspro.com/) is North America’s premier outdoor and conservation company. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri, today the company provides customers with unmatched offerings spanning premier destination retail, outdoor equipment manufacturing, world-class resort destinations and more. In 2017 Bass Pro Shops joined forces with Cabela’s (http://www.cabelas.com/) to create a “best-of-the-best” experience with superior products, dynamic locations and outstanding customer service. Bass Pro Shops also operates White River Marine Group (http://www.whiterivermg.com/) , offering an unsurpassed collection of industry-leading boat brands, and Big Cedar Lodge (http://www.bigcedar.com/) , America’s Premier Wilderness Resort. Under the visionary conservation leadership of Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is a national leader in protecting habitat and introducing families to the outdoors and has been named by Forbes as “one of America’s Best Employers.”