Polaris Industries Syracuse - Quality Inspector 1 in Syracuse, Indiana
Inspector 1 is responsible for inspecting all boats, both the inside and outside of the boat for any electrical, functional, or fit and finish defects, to ensure they meet the quality standards of Highwater Marine. The inspector is required to document defects, re-check when fixed, and sign off on every boat that is released to the dealer.
Essential Job Functions
· Knowledge of all manufactured boats
· Ability to communicate quality discrepancies to repairman and Group Leader
· Ability to operate equipment to ensure all functional parts are working
· Use and read a tape measure down to 1/32"
· Must know how to read prints
· Must be able to follow the Inspection Guidelines and inspect boats.
· Help and update quality control boards
· Have a fuel pressure logbook that will need updated each day
· Some spot inspection on the production lines
Non-essential Job Functions
· Attention to Detail
· Organize and 5S work area
· Communicate well with others
· Must be a great problem solver
· Must be able to understand Line moves (Takt)
· Ability to work indoors, in tight spaces, and without air conditioning
· Exposure to noise, dust, and cleaning chemicals
· Ability to use a ladder and climb in and out of boats
· Must be able to lift and handle up to 25 pounds
· Have basic computer knowledge
· Must be able to climb stairs, climb in and out of boats, kneel and bend down to floor level for 8 hours
· Read and follow inspection guidelines
· Read pressure gauge
· Have good/legible handwriting
· Must be willing to be Cross-Trained
· Must be able to perform and maintain performance of 1 Quality role.
· Safety Glasses
· Steel Toe Shoes
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled