Lockheed Martin Electronic Parts, Materials & Processes Manager in Sunnyvale, California
Description: Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space!
Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world every single day. Join this highly innovative team providing ingenious solutions to complex technical problems facing the aerospace industry. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
The Specialty Engineering Parts, Materials and Processes (PMP) Manager, has an immediate impact in shaping our organization’s future. This is an opportunity to lead and direct a dynamic Electronic PMP team supporting multiple Payload, Missile and Satellite programs from proposal to production and beyond. Drawing upon previous leadership experience and technical expertise, you will help the team overcome challenges and build the organizational talent to tackle the challenges of the future.
In this role you will coach and oversee group and individual development using technical leadership and performance management. Ensure efforts are optimally staffed and that personnel are fully engaged and committed to program success. Maintain awareness, engagement and communication of critical issues and their reach across programs. Lead and execute strategic initiatives to improve cost, schedule, and technical performance
We're looking for someone who has experience coordinating work and personnel across multiple work locations and organizational structures. A highly motivated individual able to establish effective relationships within program, with other enterprise organizations, and with customer personnel. Experience balancing multiple, competing priorities in a highly dynamic, high-tempo environment. Capable of balancing programmatic, functional, leadership, and technical tasks. Ability to clearly communicate complex technical and programmatic issues to your team, peers, management and customers. Experience modeling Full Spectrum Leadership imperatives, ownership and accountability. Proven skills providing technical and administrative direction to other employees
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
We play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards and Recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Previous experience with Electrical/ Electronic/ Electromechanical (EEE) piece-part requirements and failure analysis
• Experience as a team lead, informal team leadership, or a leadership role
• Experience guiding the successful completion of significant projects and/or multi-discipline team efforts by applying technical knowledge and leadership skills
• Familiar with key aspects of parts, materials and engineering functions (specifications, selection, qualification/screening, receiving inspection, Destructive Physical Analysis)
• Experience working collaboratively with customers and teammates
• Good writing, communication and interpersonal skills
This position requires the ability to obtain a DOD security clearance. US Citizenship required.
• Familiarity with a variety of materials and process engineering issues including adhesives, bonding, cleaning, soldering, failure analysis and manufacturing operations.
• Experience building a team and setting a business rhythm to achieve program objectives and priorities
• Leadership courses and/or self-study
• Experience in mentoring and supporting career development
• Experience in integrating complex information and summarizing to management via email or presentations
• Experience with part procurement, qualification and traceability issues
• Experience working closely with subcontractors
• Experience in review and oversight of Technology Development, Qualification and Insertion in programs
• Able to direct the development and implementation of a sound program PMP requirements baseline
• Broad experience in the selection and application of materials, parts and processes
• Experience participating in major program milestone reviews such as PDR and CDR
• Experience providing schedule, staffing, workload, metrics and technical issue briefings to management
• Ability to balance cost, schedule and risk in decision making
• Greenbelt trained
• Project Management experience
• Cost Account Management (CAM) experience, Basis of Estimate (BOE) development and proposal experience
• Familiar with using business tools and systems for configuration management and quality control (e.g. SAP, EPDM, PMPDB, LIMS)
• Active TS/SCI clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.