Aerotek Electrical Engineer - (Battery Systems) in Seattle, Washington
First Mode draws on the exceptional talent and creativity of its multidisciplinary team to solve the toughest problems on and off the planet. We help companies, governments, and individuals from the earliest stages of problem definition to prototype creation and demonstration. A continual desire to discover and invent has led our team to drill into the unknown surface of Mars, electrify large industrial equipment, and apply remote sensing technologies to water conservation.
While each project is unique, we typically meld together robotics, automation, systems engineering, modeling and simulation, and advanced fabrication to create a new future across many industries. If you have exceptional talent and a vision for the future, we want to talk.
First Mode is seeking to grow its skillset in the area of battery systems design and implementation. As a member of technical staff with subject matter expertise in battery systems, you will lead battery systems architecture and design on projects.
• Architect and design battery systems for electric vehicles
• Perform system energy and power analysis - develop battery requirements
• Work with vendors, customer, and staff to develop large (> 1MWh) batteries for heavy duty mobile applications
• Research and communicate the current and trending advancements of Li-Ion cells
• Provide Battery Systems subject matter expertise on the design, manufacturing, and operations of li-ion batteries
• Read and create battery wiring diagrams and schematics
• Participate in system and hardware design reviews
• Work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
Travel within the United States and internationally to represent First Mode to its customers, vendors, and partners
• 5+ years' experience in the design and implementation of battery or battery management systems, preferably in automotive or similar electric powertrain applications
• Proficiency with common electrical engineering design and simulation software (e.g. LTSpice, PSPice, MATLAB, HFSS, ADS)
• Ability to leverage how the system, environment, and operation will influence the Li-Ion battery system design, manufacturability, and performance
• Ability to write and speak clearly about technical subject matter
• Flexibility and responsiveness in a fast-paced, dynamic, small team environment
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.