Aerotek Buyer Planner in Seattle, Washington
We are looking for an experienced Buyer Planner to procure Direct and Indirect materials. You will report to the Procurement and Demand Planning Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Using the approved Production Schedule determine material quantities and schedules necessary to meet output requirements.
• Obtain and compare written quotations from various suppliers to determine the best total cost source and methodology to procure required materials. Negotiate pricing and terms to company's best interest.
• Place Purchase Orders as necessary to secure supply. Use initiative to consider and recommend alternate mechanisms such as Blanket Purchase Orders, stocking plans or long-term Supply Agreements to ensure supply availability and minimize costs.
• Assist the Engineering Team in sourcing new components as part of the New Product Introduction process.
• Respond to short notice procurement requirements in support of production, engineering changes and customer requirements.
• Support all Departments as the primary agent for procuring of indirect material.
• Review orders for completeness, accuracy and compliance with procurement policies.
• Assist the Materials Receiving Team in resolving quantity, damage or other discrepancies found with incoming shipments.
• Work with the AP team in resolving invoicing discrepancies involving price, quantity or terms.
• Contribute to budgeting activities as required by management.
• Other tasks as may be assigned by your Manager from time to time.
Supply Chain Planning, Procurement, erp system, manufacturing, aerospace, planner, supply chain, production planning, purchasing, metal components, injection molded plastic parts
Top Skills Details:
Supply Chain Planning,Procurement,erp system,manufacturing
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• 5 - 8 years of procurement experience with at least 3 years in a combined Buyer Planner role.
- Experience in procuring plastic/metal components and indirect purchasing (small tools for manufacturing, consumables, office supplies etc.)
• A BA/BS degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or Operational Analysis preferred.
• Demonstrable negotiating skills.
• A track record of effective and creative sourcing strategies.
• Basic understanding of cost accounting.
• Familiarity with procurement in an ERP environment; ERP implementation experience preferred.
• Outstanding leadership, organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills
• Available to work extended hours as needed
• Analyze production scheduling spreadsheets and map to procurement quantities.
• Request quotations from new and repeat suppliers. Convert quotations into Purchase Orders.
• Negotiate price and commercial terms.
• Read, write and understand basic commercial contracts.
• Computer skills including transactional activity in ERP or other material control systems and various software of the complexity of MS Office.
• Physically able to work at a computer for most of your workday.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.