BrightStar Care Licensed Phlebotomist in Santa Monica, California
Licensed Phlebotomy Technician
Come work for BrightStar Care, a company who believes in Serving with Passion and Doing the Right Thing. This is a unique opportunity to be on the front lines for finding a cure for COVID-19.
We are looking for high-energy Phlebotomy Technicians that willing to draw labs from patients that have been diagnosed with COVID19. Full PPE will be provided (N95 masks, face shields, gowns, gloves). Visits will be performed in patient’s homes.
Phlebotomist Job Description
The Phlebotomist is responsible for collecting blood, saliva and nasal swab specimens from clients and ensuring the integrity of the sample(s). This will be within the strict direction of the clinical trials company – paid training will be provided.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
Responsibilities of the phlebotomist include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform phlebotomy and collect specimens as directed by the clinical trial protocol
- Document visits per the clinical trial protocol and submit notes in a timely manner
- Follow established aseptic blood drawing procedures and techniques
- Follow principles of infection control and Universal Precautions
- Ensure integrity of specimen to include but not limited to the following:* Verify identify of client prior to procedure
- Appropriate site to be used for procedure
- Obtain blood and other specimens as ordered
- Appropriate medium for specimen collection
- Accurate label of specimen
Process and package samples
Assist in providing a safe environment and promote quality patient care through adherence to established policies, procedures and standards
- Respond rapidly and appropriately in an emergency situation
Use PPE properly and in a safe manner Qualifications
Graduate of an accredited phlebotomy training program from a recognized community college or technical school is required
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to pass N95 mask health screening and fit test
- Minimum of one (1) year of documented phlebotomy experience, ideally with some experience with in home visits
- Certified in CPR
- Negative TB skin test and documented physical exam within the past 6 months
- Licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance with the organization’s requirements
- Self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision
- Empathy for the needs of the client
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to calm and reassure client(s) who are anxious about the procedure
- Ability to express spoken and/or written ideas in English
- Treats clients, staff and the public with courtesy, respect and presents a positive public image
- Works as a team member
- Ensures confidentiality and security of the client’s medical information Job Limitations:
The Phlebotomist will not function in any manner viewed as the practice of nursing according to the Regulated Health Professions Act. Specifically, the phlebotomist will not administer medications, take physician’s orders or perform procedures requiring the training of a Registered Nurse.
Must be able to stand walk, squat, bend, kneel, reach, twist, push and pull. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Must have full use of hands and arms. Must have manual dexterity and good eye/hand coordination. Must be able to pass N95 mask health screening and fit test.