Federal Reserve Bank Sr Integration Architect in San Francisco, California
Title: Sr. Integration Architect
Location: San Francisco, CA or Remote
Remote option: This role is available as a remote worker.
At the Federal Reserve Bank we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve.
The Federal Reserve Bank is looking for a motivated, talented, and experienced Senior Integration Architect who is passionate about innovation and developing emerging technology. This role will be a key member of the National Integration Services (NIS) team, part of the Information Technology Services (ITS) department of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (FRBSF). NIS’ middleware technologies support business objectives for internal departments such as Cash, Markets, Statistics and Reserves, Bank Supervision and Regulation, and external departments including the US Treasury.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with NIS and broadly apply your integration architecture skills across various NIS technology solution efforts, as well as build your skills in other areas by being exposed to various aspects from inception through design, build, and deployment. You will be a “jack-of-all-trades” – working cross-functionally with Architects, Engineers, Business Analysts, and Service Managers across multiple teams in a rapidly evolving environment – completing design documentation, consulting with other engineers and architects, completing network and server build requests, installing and configuring software, etc.
To be successful in this role, you must be an organized self-starter with stellar leadership and communication skills who can work independently building relationships and driving technical solutions from inception to completion. This position requires the candidate to be technically savvy and have a proven ability to work well in a highly dynamic environment and maintain a strong relationship with our customers and partners.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience
• 5 years of Engineering/Architecture experience from Design through the Implementation of technical solutions
• Demonstrated advanced technical knowledge in the following technology platforms and solutions: IBM MQ, IBM MFT
• 5 years Unix/Linux administration experience
• Recent, demonstrable experience with automated build and system configuration tools such as Terraform, Packer, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Kubernetes, etc.
• Experience with common AWS services such as S3, EC2, ASG, ELB, SFTP, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Lambda, etc.
• AWS Certification and/or experience utilizing AWS services in a production environment
• Proven ability to design, implement and manage secure, scalable, and reliable cloud infrastructure environments
• Ability to design, build, manage and operate cloud infrastructure and configuration environments with a focus on automation and infrastructure as code
• Experience with source code management tools such as GIT, SVN, etc.
• Proven depth of knowledge and experience with Python scripting language
• Experience with a variety of other programming languages such as JSON, YAML, Boto3, etc.
• Ability to coordinate and work with diverse groups of subject matter experts
• Strong knowledge of high-availability, load-balancing and failover configurations across application, infrastructure, and platform components
• Understanding of security design for enterprise software systems
• Proven ability to write clear and concise technical documents, including design documents, specifications and technology roadmaps
• Practical experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CAC)
• Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation
• Ability to work effectively independently or in a team environment
• Strong analytical, collaboration, leadership, critical thinking, multitasking, and time management skills
• Customer/people-focused orientation that drives and informs engagement with partners, leadership and peers
• Ability to influence successfully in a highly matrix or virtual organization
• Demonstrates independent thinking and decision-making abilities
• Ability to quickly receive and process information
• Judgment to escalate risk-based decisions appropriately
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or a Green Card holder with the intent to become a U.S. Citizen
• Working knowledge of other technology solutions such as IBM IIB, MuleSoft, Messaging brokers, File Transfer, IBM Sterling File Gateway, IBM Connect:Direct, IBM Sterling Proxy, etc.
• Familiarity with the implementation of CI/CD pipelines and test automation within CI/CD is a plus
• Experience with agile and DevOps in a cloud environment
• Practical experience and knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture, Microservices and API Management
• Experience with both internally to the organization facing integrations as well as externally facing solutions
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we offer a wonderful benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account, Backup Child Care Program, Pre-tax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holiday’s, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and a great Pension.
/We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment./
/At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer./
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Title: Sr Integration Architect
Location: CA-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 267364