University of Utah Executive Assistant, College of Fine Arts in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 01/25/2023
Requisition Number PRN33603B
Job Title Executive Assistant
Working Title Executive Assistant, College of Fine Arts
Job Grade E
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00070 - College of Fine Arts-Dean
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $63,000 - $70,000
Close Date 02/15/2023
Open Until Filled No
The Executive Assistant in theCollege of Fine Arts (http://finearts.utah.edu/) ( CFA ) Dean’s Office provides direct administrative support to the Dean/ AVP for the Arts and works closely with associate/assistant deans, department/school heads, and college units on procedural matters, interpretation of policies and guidelines, and advancing strategic priorities on behalf of the Dean/ AVP . The Executive Assistant manages day-to-day communications and outreach made to the Dean’s Office, serving often as the initial/primary contact for the College.
The incumbent will use independent judgement in resolving various problems that involve faculty, staff, students, and the general public, as well as discretion when advising others of the Dean’s or other executives’ views on policies and other issues. The incumbent may be required to represent the Dean at meetings and interact with individuals at the highest levels in public and private organizations.
About the University of Utah
The University of Utah is located at the foot of the beautiful Wasatch Mountains and offers a rich benefits package including health, dental and wellness, generous retirement contributions of 14.2%, tuition reduction for employees and families, paid leave, public transportation pass and more. Please visit our Benefits website for more information: https://www.hr.utah.edu/benefits/
Review of applications will begin on February 15, 2023.
Duties and essential functions of this position also include, but are not limited to:
- Providing a high level of expertise and operational leadership in the Dean’s Office to help determine and accomplish goals and objectives effectively.
- Assisting and serving as a primary resource regarding guidelines, format, and interpretation of policy for annual CFA procedures, including faculty reviews, (re)appointments, searches, sabbaticals/leaves, retirements/emeritus status applications, and elections in the College.
- Coordinating faculty hiring in the college. Overseeing the RFP process and processing, faculty search authorizations to department/schools, job postings and offer letters.
- Facilitating the re-appointment review process for chairs/directors/associate deans and coordinating the Dean’s searches for new executive officers.
- Processing Dean’s Office purchase/payment requests and reimbursements; travel arrangements, reimbursements, grants, and awards; and Kronos/payroll.
- Coordinating and attending CFA Deans Cabinet and Executive Committee meetings with the Dean and others. Participating in implementation of policy and overseeing follow-up for all items discussed. Drawing on information or suggesting items for agendas based on judgment, preparing agendas in consultation with the Dean.
- Maintaining the Dean’s schedule, creating and distributing the CFA Central Calendar to all CFA faculty and staff.
- Assisting with planning and execution of CFA Dean’s Office events, including College Council meetings, annual College-Wide Faculty & Staff Meeting and Excellence Awards Reception, Staff Conference, and CFA Convocation.
- Assisting in identifying content for use in CFA internal and external communications (e.g., website, newsletters).
- Other duties as assigned that further the mission of the College and Dean’s Office.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field, or equivalency.
- Two years office management and supervisory experience; demonstrated knowledge of finance and budgeting and public relations skills and demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills are also required.
- Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
- Demonstrated leadership, human relations, and effective communication skills; sound judgment and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information; analysis and problem-solving skills; capacity to handle complex projects with sensitivity to priorities and shifting demands.
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to cultivate and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Familiarity with systems software utilized by the University of Utah.
- Strong understanding of the value of a diverse workplace.
- Familiarity with, and an affinity for, the Arts.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah values candidates who have experience working in settings with students from diverse backgrounds and possess a strong commitment to improving access to higher education for historically underrepresented students.
Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or protected veteran’s status. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the education program or activity that it operates, as required by Title IX and 34 CFR part 106. The requirement not to discriminate in education programs or activities extends to admission and employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX and its regulations may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, to the Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, or both.
To request a reasonable accommodation for a disability or if you or someone you know has experienced discrimination or sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, you may contact the Director/Title IX Coordinator in the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action:
Director/ Title IX Coordinator
Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action ( OEO /AA)
383 University Street, Level 1 OEO Suite
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Online reports may be submitted at oeo.utah.edu
For more information: https://www.utah.edu/nondiscrimination/
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org (%email@example.com) or call 801-581-2300.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.