Edwards Lifesciences 2nd Shift Assoc Material Handler, Shared Services in Salt Lake City, Utah
Supports specified Warehouse and/or Distribution operation by performing related area material handling functions for shipping, receiving, and raw materials (including limited chemical handling) in accordance to Edwards' policies and procedures.
• Material requisition fulfillment, including locating, verifying, and labeling requested materials, and performing required system transaction and delivering materials to the area specified on the requisition, in keeping with established work instructions and SOPs
• Receive materials into the warehouse from production returns and/or QA released purchase orders, verify count of goods received and transfer to physical stock location accompanied by the appropriate JDE transaction.
• Perform weekly inventory cycle counts and annual physical inventory count (if required) resolving any discrepancies identified during the process.
• Perform equipment inspection of all lift equipment prior to operation.
• Other incidental duties: General housekeeping of work area and LMS Training
Education and Experience:
H.S. Diploma or equivalent previous experience in a warehouse environment and forklift operation Preferred
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good organizational skills, able to prioritize and manage competing priorities
• Ability to read, interpret and comprehend policies and procedures (English Speaking, preferred)
• Ability to complete paperwork accurately following good documentation practices (GDP)
• Ability to perform basic math calculations including adding, subtracting, and measuring
• Ability to lift 25-50 lbs unassisted (based on need)
• Adhere to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision by following detailed instructions
• Forklift certification preferred, and achieved within 6 months
• Work in a team environment
• Basic computer skills required
• Adhere to all company rules and requirements (e.g., pandemic protocols, Environmental Health & Safety rules) and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
COVID Vaccination Requirement
Edwards is committed to complying with the requirements and guidance from our government authorities and to protecting our vulnerable patients and the healthcare providers who are treating them around the world. As such, all Healthcare Interacting positions require COVID-19 vaccination, which includes anyone who directly interfaces with patients and those who interact with healthcare providers as part of their role. If hired, as a condition of employment, you will be required to submit proof that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless you request and are granted a medical or religious accommodation for exemption from the vaccination requirement. This vaccination requirement does not apply in countries where it is prohibited by law to impose vaccination. In countries where vaccines are less available, or other requirements exist, we may institute alternate measures that optimize patient safety and healthcare provider safety, which may include regular COVID testing or specific masking requirements.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.