Westat Study Director - Qualitative Research Projects - Hybrid Work Week in Rockville, Maryland
Study Director - Qualitative Research Projects - Hybrid Work Week
MD - Rockville
Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is seeking a Study Director to focus on leading and conducting qualitative research projects for the federal government. The candidate should have expertise in methods such as focus group moderation, cognitive testing, in-depth interviewing, as well as qualitative analysis using software packages such as NVivo. RIVA Master Moderator Certification is preferred.
· Directing the design, execution, and interpretation of research across a variety of qualitative methods.
· Leading projects and teams in mixed methods qualitative research.
· Presenting and writing about research findings to a variety of audiences to develop, improve, and evaluate communication materials and programs.
· Contributing knowledge and expertise in the social sciences (e.g., experimental social psychology, sociology) for various research efforts.
· Writing and leading technical proposals for government clients.
· A PhD in social psychology, sociology, or social science-related field
· 5 years of experience working on federal contracts
· Demonstrated experience publishing manuscripts through the peer-review process and/or publishing in peer-review journals.
· Qualitative research experience
Focus group moderation experience
Mixed methods evaluation expertise
· Experience writing government proposals
· Experience analyzing qualitative data using NVivo
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
Employee Stock Ownership Plan
401(k) Retirement Plan
Paid Parental Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Travel Accident Insurance
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance
Supplemental Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Health Savings Account
Protecting the health and safety of our employees and survey participants is a top priority for Westat. As a federal government contractor, Westat will require Westat staff, regardless of work location, to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon hire and to follow all safety protocols, subject to approved accommodations under applicable law.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.
Research - Health Studies