Urban League of Rochester Business Director in Rochester, New York
Rochester, NY (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=265+N.+Clinton+Ave.+Rochester+NY+USA+14605)
The Urban League of Rochester seeks a Business Director, who will play a critical role in ensuring the League achieves its plans for growth in alignment with its mission and vision. This individual will report to the Vice President of Entrepreneurship and Wealth Building and will be responsible for the day-to-day support of our first ever ROC Women’s Business Center (RWBC). The RWBC will serve minority entrepreneurs; woman-owned start-ups and small businesses by providing training to create or expand businesses by learning the fundamentals and high level skills of business. This position provides an outstanding opportunity for a team member to make their mark in an innovative sector of the micro-enterprise and small business development industry at a reputable, growing non-profit. Candidates must possess a passion for micro-enterprise and economic development, a mission-driven work ethic, and a proactive client centered attitude to help create an environment where our clients and partners achieve success.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Provide direction, training and supervision to all program employees and support personnel.
Monitor the program’s progress toward goals and assist in the development plans of corrective action plan.
Maintain and submit required documentation to supervisor in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are met and to ensure effective program operation.
Complete monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required.
Attend/support Urban League of Rochester events and fund raising functions.
Positively represent the programs and the Urban League in the community.
Perform such duties as supervisor may assign.
Plan, develop and provide oversight to the ROC Women’s Business Center Program.
Conduct outreach and recruitment efforts, including program orientations and community presentations.
Design, develop and produce additional outreach and business planning information as needed.
Provide one-on-one technical assistance and consulting services to new and existing women owned businesses.
Plan and coordinate group and individual trainings for minority and women business owners interested in expanding their businesses and those interested in starting a business.
Coordinate the RWBC Advisory Board.
Develop appropriate trainings and resources for program participants. Update materials as needed.
Complete and maintain program files, records and reports to track and assure successful program outcomes.
Create, develop and work with the Program Planning, Research and Evaluation Department (PPR&E) to obtain new funding sources.
Participate in additional training as required for effective program operation.
Work with consultants to coordinate activities, appointments and submission of consultant’s billings.
Maintain appropriate communication and interaction with partner businesses and agencies, consultants, funders, clients, government entities and other technical advisors.
Attend community functions to support and advertise services.
Attend U.S. Small Business Administration meetings and meetings with partner organizations as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Development, Public Administration, Communications
• Background in Entrepreneurship/Business owner
• Knowledge of available community resources
• Knowledge about business structures
• Competency with social media
• Competency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint, MLS
• Must be detail oriented
• Must be customer service oriented and a team player
• Ability to relate to, communicate with and work with a diverse population and understand the issues relating to such population
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication with problem-solving skills
• Supervisory Experience
• Ability to work evenings and weekends when required
• Reliable transportation
• A documented history of successful project completion
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and handle and prioritize simultaneous requests
• Excellent project management skills
• Growth mindset and a positive, self-starter attitude
• Comfort working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a customer-centered approach
• Mastery of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams) and Zoom video conferencing
$55,000 - $62,000