SCO Family of Services North Queens Community High School - Attendance Coordinator in Queens, New York
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Attendance Coordinator works collaboratively with staff and teachers at North Queens Community High School (NQCHS), a transfer school in Flushing, Queens for overage, under-credited students that is a partnership between SCO Family of Services and the NYC Department of Education. The Attendance Coordinator is responsible for developing an attendance work plan based on the shared vision of NQCHS’s Leadership Team and other school staff that targets student who are challenged by attendance. This includes planning events that promote high attendance and managing a data-driven attendance incentive program and creating events to celebrate school accomplishments, while developing an engaging school culture. * Assist in the establishing and creating an environment that responds to the needs of students and families, while building a culture that focuses on high student attendance and academic achievement. * Proactively engage students via phone, email, text and in-person conversation both reminding and encouraging them to come to school. * Coordinate student needs with services, programing, and resources that surrounds each person with the social and emotional well-being that adds enrichment for the high school students with attendance and academic challenges. * Execute regular community resource assessments to determine what services are available to our most vulnerable students in our school setting. * Complete necessary data entry as required in data systems in a timely manner. * Participate in and co-lead weekly attendance team meetings. * Other related duties as assigned by supervisor. * SCO Family of Services is an equal employment opportunity employer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related degree required
- At least two years of experience coordinating and/or developing adolescent services and programming in an urban environment, high school setting, etc.
- Experience with program coordination, event planning, resource connection, referral coordination with adolescents
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to engage, build relationships, and demonstrate empathy with adolescents
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively with staff members
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
- Diverse cultural competence is a must
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Word and Excel, email correspondence, and database management a requisite
- In addition, employees need to possess the following characteristics:
- Be team players
- Have a strong sensitivity to cultural differences present among staff and clients within our organization.
- Possess a strong belief in people’s ability to grow and change; forge a mutually respectful partnership with persons served and their families.
- Ability to set limits and maintain helping role of practitioner and to intervene appropriately.
Job: *PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Title: North Queens Community High School - Attendance Coordinator
Location: New York-Queens-Flushing
Requisition ID: 43043