Fortive Corporation Sales Support Specialist in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
A Sales Support Specialist is responsible for providing pre-sale assistance to Industrial Scientific Sales Teams and channel partners. This position resides within the Americas Customer Success Inside Sales Team and the role of those on the Sales Support Team is assisting the outside sales team with the closure of sales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Field Inbound Calls to the Sales Support Team
· Compile and complete sales proposals and quotations in SalesForce within the required turnaround time
· Work with Sales Team to provide best competitive quotes possible, and work with Upper Management to obtain larger discounts if needed (special pricing cases)
· Ensure the equipment being quoted will ensure the proper set up and functionality prior to being placed on the contract for iNet
· Work with Product Management and Sales to provide quotes for Pre-Releasing Equipment (iNet and Purchase)
· Work with our Insurance Company to provide yearly Insurance documents for our iNet Customers
· Work with the Compliance websites, keeping us valid and compliant within the system allowing our Teams the ability to visit On-Site
· Provide SME expertise in Kaizen events and/or new process creation
· Work with the Application Engineering Team to ensure proper equipment has been scoped, calibration gas usage/cost have been detemined and lone worker solutions/SAFER are properly aligned with each application/opportunity
· Maintain Standard Work documents for the Sales Support Group
· Comprehensive knowledge of how our Products and Services work and are utilized in the field
· Resolve quotation discrepancies, both pre and post shipment and answer all inquiries
· Manage all customer situations in a professional and courteous manner with an emphasis on customer satisfaction and retention
· Strong written and verbal skills are necessary for interacting with customers; must be able to speak effectively; must be comfortable with extensive on-the-phone consultations
· Ability to work effectively with other team members, sometime with other teams, to resolve customer issues
· Prepare administrative documents on demand (supplier questionnaire, Bid proposals, vendor forms, etc…)
· May be directed from time to time by the manager to carry out other duties and responsibilities commensurate with his / her grade, knowledge, and experience (projects for example).
· BS/BA in Business, Finance, or related field or equivalent experience.
· Experience in customer service or sales
· Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing; strong analytical skills; strong interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated success working in a teaming environment both internally and externally
· Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat as well as Salesforce.com and Oracle ERP systems
· Gas detection experience (sales, customer service, or technical support)
· Experience working with distribution
At Fortive, we believe in you. We believe in your potential—your ability to learn, grow and make an impact. And we believe in giving you the opportunity, accountability and visibility to do just that. At Fortive, we believe in us. We believe in the power of great people working together to innovate and solve problems no one could solve alone. We build enduring partnerships with our customers and take on their challenges and opportunities as our own. At Fortive, we believe in growth. We are honest about what’s working and what isn’t, and we work hard to innovate and improve. With a passionate focus on our markets and our customers, we learn and grow together to make a difference in the world. Fortive (www.fortive.com NYSE: FTV) is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenue, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution. The people at Industrial Scientific are committed to ending death on the job by the year 2050, and we need more help. We hire smart, motivated people, give them world-class tools in a supportive environment, and we let them do their job. Our team is highly engaged, creates quality solutions and delivers outstanding customer service. Our leaders understand the critical elements of breakthrough performance: bringing out the best in people; creating a climate of trust, openness and high performance; fostering candor; and treating people fairly and with dignity. "The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a Fortive Company. Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail email@example.com to request accommodation."