VMware Senior Product Marketing Manager; vRealize Automation in Palo Alto, California
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
You've seen the disruption in the IT industry triggered by hyperscale public clouds, DevOps, Kubernetes and containers, and AI/ML. You want to be part of a team that is transforming the way enterprises run and manage their cloud infrastructure and applications and adopt ubiquitous automation. You share a passion for crafting messaging and content that has a significant impact for the world and future of enterprise cloud computing. You love enterprise software and SaaS product marketing, and learning new things and are looking for a company that helps you be the best product marketeer you can be. You are looking for an opportunity to work for a company whose software and services are utilized by every Fortune 500 company and significantly impacts every industry. You want to be a part of a collaborative environment whose teams care about the product they are marketing, how they deliver it, and the impact it has on customers’ business objectives.
What is primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
VMware vRealize Automation is the market-leading modern infrastructure automation platform used by 1000s of customers operating traditional and modern applications in public and private clouds. The Cloud Automation product marketing team is leveraging the latest marketing stack and modern marketing practices to build the messaging and content for our customers to drive business agility by helping to make the complexities of the multi cloud simple. We’re looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to join our team that is driving transformative marketing initiatives related to cloud automation, delivering the message of our comprehensive cloud automation vision across our SaaS and on-premises offerings. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment that moves at the speed of the customer and the cloud, and love marketing at a global scale in a rapidly expanding 24/7 SaaS environment, this team is for you!
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
Market analysis, customer research and competitive analysis to drive the strategy for cloud automation.
Drive adoption and consumption of the VMware multi-cloud automation platform (SaaS and on-premises).
Partner with technical marketing and product management teams to create, review and deliver customer-facing content across various areas of cloud automation.
Work within and across teams to drive messaging of product/solution capabilities, ensuring customer obsessed value propositions, content, and marketing campaigns.
Drive the prioritization process to ensure the roadmap aligns with company strategy and drives the growth of the cloud automation business.
Evangelize to sales, customers, partners and eco-system in various forums.
Execute marketing deliverables for monthly product launches
Work across multiple VMware business units to create, deliver, and execute customer obsessed use case solution initiatives
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
· Develop an understanding of the Infrastructure Automation Platform market for virtual and cloud environments. Identify customer goals, challenges, buying behaviors and sales motions and define the corresponding go-to-market strategies.
· Launch new products and releases, be the key central ‘launch owner’ coordinating resources across the company
· Work in a great environment to directly influence marketing efforts that lead to sales pipeline expansion
· Create outbound marketing materials including white papers, blogs, presentations, data sheets, web content, social media, sales tools, webinars and training materials
· Collaborate with corporate marketing, digital marketing, solutions marketing, product management, sales, and technical marketing teams on projects to help drive demand, awareness, and pipeline
· Create and deliver sales enablement content
· Support go-to-market planning and execution
· Help support industry events, and conferences
· Support analyst briefings, and working with tech evangelists
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
You will be joining the Cloud Automation product marketing team, reporting into the Sr. Director of Product Marketing. This team leads the global product marketing efforts for VMware’s industry-leading modern infrastructure automation platform products, which include vRealize Automation, vRealize Automation Cloud, vRealize Automation SaltStack Config, and vRealize Automation SaltStack SecOps. The team also leads the global solution marketing efforts for DevOps for Infrastructure, Kubernetes Automation, Network Automation, Security Operations, and Self-Service Multi-Clouds. The team is spread out in multiple geographies across the globe. We pride ourselves on a multi-cultural, inclusive and collaborative culture.
As a product marketeer, you will drive overall positioning and messaging, marketing content development and sales enablement. You will be responsible crafting and delivering go-to-market plans, communicating our value proposition across solution use cases. You will be a great fit for this role if you have product marketing experience with relevant enterprise software, working closely with sales, marketing, and management functions to deliver products to market; sales and support enablement; and writing of blogs, white papers, and presentations.
· Familiarity with native public clouds, DevOps, Kubernetes/containers, and cloud automation.
· Familiarity with cloud infrastructure platforms, including VMware Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, and/or other native public clouds.
· Proven enterprise software and SaaS/IaaS product marketing foundation with technical perspective.
· Ability to execute persona-driven, customer obsessed messaging for new technology products and services.
· Ability to engage with customers globally to synthesize their use case solutions, and success stories.
· Ability to work in and drive cross functional teams, including technical marketing, product management, engineering, corporate marketing, sales, field marketing, and AR/PR, to launch products, technologies, and solutions to market.
· Familiarity with rapid SaaS marketing and working with agile teams.
· Capable presenter who is comfortable leading face to face customer meetings and presenting to small-medium size audiences.
· Technical depth that lets you understand and earn the respect of exceptional technical marketeers, product managers, solution architects, and systems engineers.
· Ability to handle a number of concurrent activities with strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
Where is this role located?
This role is preferably based out of VMware’s Palo Alto location but open to considering remote US based applicants.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com .
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
Generous Time Off Programs
40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Dev Marketing
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-10-14
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.