Robert Half International Patent Legal Secretary in Palo Alto, California
Experienced Patent Legal Secretary wanted for growing Silicon Valley law firm. The firm has continued to grow, with no layoffs last year and is looking to add again to their team. This is a full-time, salaried position and offers top benefits and other perks. The position will start remotely. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of patent prosecution experience.
Essential Job Requirements:
• Ability to prepare new patent applications for filing.
• Prepare responses and/or amendments to Office Actions.
• Prepare an Information Disclosure Statement (“IDS”) or Supplemental Disclosure.
• Review the attorney’s docket, provide updated information to the docket staff and reconcile as directed.
• Receive and review incoming mail; process mail.
• Maintain the calendars of all assigned attorneys and schedule meetings for attorneys.
• Assist with revising routine correspondence and documents.
• Organize and maintain electronic and paper client files.
• Enter attorneys' time.
• Assist with monthly billing.
• Prepare travel arrangements for attorneys.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Provide good client service by maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, 2-6 years of experience in patent prosecution
• Familiarity with reviewing and reconciling a patent docket.
Robert Half Legal matches legal professionals and consultants with remote or on-site jobs on a full-time, project and temporary basis, serving both law firms and corporate legal departments. We also provide teams for complex projects, including litigation, eDiscovery, data privacy, and mergers and acquisitions.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5592. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Date Posted: February 23, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 00420-0011715039
Staffing Area: Legal