TEKsystems Product Owner in Oaks, Pennsylvania
Our client has created a new Wealth Platform to facilitate the wealth management and investment processing needs of our clients worldwide. The scope of the platform is comprehensive and includes client relationship management, investment management, portfolio accounting, transaction initiation, order management, trade execution, clearing, currency and foreign exchange processing, corporate actions processing, reconciliation, financial (reference) data management, financial planning, portfolio management, reporting and operational workflow.
The candidate will exhibit leadership and facilitation skills to help ensure the definition and prioritization of the Team Backlog. The candidate will be a member of the Scrum Team to serve as the customer proxy and will be responsible for working with the Product Manager(s) and EPIC Owners to define and prioritize the team backlog so that the solution effectively addresses users’ needs while maintaining technical integrity. In the context of the Agile Release Train Planning ceremonies the candidate will participate as an active member of the extended Product Manager/Product Owner team where they contribute to Vision and Roadmap and will work with the EPIC Owner and Scrum Masters to actively participate in program level and backlog refinement and release planning activities.
• Responsible to build, prune and maintain the program backlog with input from the Product Manager, EPIC Owner and other stakeholders.
• Works closely with the Product Manager to share “Content Authority” responsibility for the solution.
• Contributes to Vision and Program Backlogs.
• Owns the Team backlog and implementation
• Co-locates with the Scrum Team and serves as the customer proxy for solution
• Drives iteration content via prioritized stories
• Reviews and re-prioritizes the backlog for Agile Release Train (ART) ceremony readiness
• Coordinates content dependencies with other Product Owners
• Acts as the main source for user story detail and priorities.
• Responsible to accept the final iteration plan
• Facilitates the process for “Just-in-time” story creations and acceptance criteria by working closely with the team to break down backlog items into user stories for implementation
• Solely responsible accepting user stories into the baseline; including validation that the story meets acceptance criteria and persistent acceptance tests.
• Responsible to fulfill a quality assurance function focused primarily on fitness for use.
• Instrumental in producing an aggregated, system/product demo for key program stakeholders.
• Works with the Scrum Master and Product Managers to facilitate preparation and readiness for each planning session.
• Works with the Scrum Team during the ART ceremonies by providing story definition and providing clarification as necessary to assist the teams with story estimates, sprint loading, story sequencing and drafting specific objectives for upcoming PSI.
• Works with the Product Manager to define a plan for getting to actionable ability for those features not yet actionable
• Work with scrum master to identify features that are actionable
• Works with Product Management and EPIC Owner to help assure strategy and execution alignment
• Encourages Communities of Practice around SAFe by participating in the Product Owner Community of Practice forums
• Assist Product Manager in the identification and resolution of functional business or technical spikes
• Works with Solution Architect to identify and resolve areas requiring upfront design prior to PSI Release Planning
• Responsible for the execution/coordination of the Sprint/ PSI artifacts such as Release Notes, User Guides, Rally updates, etc.
• Support User Acceptance Testing Process
• Acts as a mindset change agent from traditional team manager to servant leader
This position reports to the Delivery Manager of the Agile Release Train
Required: Team Lead/Project experience
• Displays Servant Leadership skills
• Knowledgeable in business domain (desirable to have a background in Product Management and/or Business Analysis)
• Detail oriented with the ability to organize and prioritize tasks to ensure timely delivery of the Sprints/PSI’s.
• Strong Process orientation
• Strong conceptual grasp of technology with successful history of delivery technical projects.
• Strong understanding of SAFe or iterative development processes, quality and testing best practices.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent relevant experience.
• Grasp of good design principles and technical trade-offs
• Experience interfacing with management
• Desire to work collaboratively with the all Agile teams and their stakeholders
• Ability to be decisive and say “no” when protecting committed Objectives
• Understand overall vision and how Product fits with that vision
• Proven decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including understanding of technical writing requirements
Scrum, Agile, Sprint, SAFe, Test Plans, strategy, test case, automation, backlog, PO, product management
Top Skills Details:
Scrum, Agile, Sprint, SAFe, Test Plans, strategy, test case, automation,backlog,PO,product management
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Must have Asset Data domain experience
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.