Kelly Services Administrative Assistant IV in North Chicago, Illinois
Administrative Assistant IV
Work Location: North Chicago, IL
Corporate-Human Resources (HQHR)
Start Day of Week
Hours per Day
Hours per Week
Pay rate: $25-$28/hr.
Interviews early May offer hope to be made by end of 5/7
Location: Regional Admins will be in Commercial Field Sales. Would like to see candidates with Field Sales support experience. I believe the RA’s will be virtual until they are allowed to return to the ABV1 worksite.
Job Description: Regional Administrative Assistant
The field-focused Regional Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to remote Regional Directors and works collaboratively with colleagues to reduce bureaucracy. The candidate must maintain a decidedly customer focused perspective, be results driven, and express a positive disposition. The ability to quickly learn and apply AbbVie processes as they relate to purchasing, meeting planning, expense reporting, and onboarding is critical to success.
Specific responsibilities Include multitasking of the following:
• Planning and execution of regional and district meetings, including contract negotiation. This may require some travel (but unlikely).
• Submission of itemized expenses in a timely and accurate manner
• Submission of administrative check requests (ACRs) for sponsorships, memberships, and exhibits
o Includes reviewing paperwork submitted for accuracy and completeness, communicating with field personnel, and submitting request into system according to established procedures
• Calendar management, including teleconference/web conference setup
• Travel arrangements
• Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
• Aggregation of reports submitted from the field
• Preparation of team rosters
• Serve as knowledge expert and navigator for new hire onboarding
• Budget management
Preferred experience includes:
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook, and SharePoint
• Previous project management and administrative experience
• Familiarity with field sales force operations, tools, and structure
• 3+ years previous admin experience working in a corporate environment
• Must have Intermediate to advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Concur, SharePoint, Visio or OrgPlus, Teams, Zoom and understanding of business processes and requirements
• “Make it happen” spirit & attitude as well as persistence
• Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where needed
Leadership and Interpersonal Skills:
• Fully understand assigned tasks and any associated expectations
• Ask for clarification as needed
• Understand the deadlines and deliverables
• Communicate any obstacles that prevent completion of any deadline
• Provide status updates prior to any deadline
• Be a good listener
• Demonstrate strong Problem-Solving Skills
• Be Accountable and Responsible for actions/mistakes
• Challenges the team to always do better
• Prioritizes own work, balancing multiple requests for assistance. Establishes good working relationships with client areas; builds rapport and trust with others
Why Kelly ® ?
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.