TEKsystems Remote Implementation Project Coordinator in NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia
This candidate will be working on the Branch IT team. This team is responsible for bring new locations, branch relocations, and renovated locations.
They are responsible for responding to branch requests and scheduling the projects. Working with cabling infrastructure vendors on plans and markups, cat6 cabling, hardware to install in networking closet, shell surveys and creating timelines.
JOB OBJECTIVE: To coordinate, implement, install, and test all technical aspects of the enterprise voice and data network and infrastructure based on defined standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• In addition to the essential job functions described below, all associates will perform duties as requested by management. Assigned responsibilities and duties may vary based upon location size and operations.
• Interpret site surveys and drawings to identify project requirements
• Engineer and implement the following technologies: Wireless, VoIP, Data routing/switching, traditional voice (PBX), call routing technologies, infrastructure cabling and hardware.
• Coordinate with vendors to define infrastructure requirements
• Review, Edit, and Approve Vendor Statements of Work and Bill of Materials
• Coordinate with network engineering to define network hardware requirements
• Order and oversee the installation of required hardware and infrastructure
• Test and identify any short falls in the initial install and work follow-up issues to completion
• Order new or upgrades to voice/data services based on network engineering requirements and standards
• Ensure infrastructure cabling, wiring closet (MDF/IDF), and hardware installations are accurate and meet Wolseley North American Standards and are certified to local and national specifications.
• Ensure timely and accurate documentation and tracking of all project/change/work-order activities in defined enterprise tools, IE; SM9 and CMDB
• Ensure timely and accurate adhere to defined project communications plans
• Coordinate and manage 3rd party contractor activities
• Coordinate with internal engineering, project management, support, and security groups
• Represent the company in a professional manner at all times ensuring quality customer service
• Abide by all policies, rules, and regulations of the company including all applicable safety rules, regulations, and procedures
• Support corporate programs, goals, and initiatives of the company
• Work extended hours as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• 1-3 years hands-on experience with the technologies listed under “Essential Duties and Responsibilities”
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to professionally, patiently, and effectively communicate complex concepts to audiences with varying skill levels either in person, over the phone, or by email
• Ability to prioritize and manage deadlines on multiple, concurrent projects
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills to diagnose and correct problems spanning multiple platforms including, service carrier, network, hardware, or infrastructure.
• Strong organizational skills with excellent project, resource, and task management skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Poise and maturity to interact with Ferguson management and other company executives
• Ability to quickly learn and understand new information
• Ability to adapt to change
• Organizational skills
• Productivity and Efficiency
• Quality and accuracy of work
• Timely Project Completion
• Ability to handle change
• Ability to work within your management structure and accept guidance and direction
• Level of technical ability/skill/competency
• Self motivation and initiative
• Team player
network, router, project coordination, project scheduling, vendor communication
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Communication - ability to discuss scope of work to Sr. leadership
follow up and follow through with a 3 party vendor, branch, and local network team - ability to handle this work over the phone. Organization coupled with documentation is key.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.