ConEdison Supervisor - Specialized Activities - Customer Operations Retail Choice in New York, New York
Supervisor - Specialized Activities - Customer Operations Retail Choice
Posting Expiration Date:Feb 13, 2023
Section:CUST OPS Retail Choice Ops
Location:NY-New York-4 Irving Pl Headquarters
Supervisor, Customer Ops Brooklyn Meter Operations (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/11957560-supervisor)
Supervisor, Customer Ops Field Operations
Specialist, OR Energy Efficiency - Strategic Services - Program Support (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/11940603-specialist)
Supervisor - Line Technical Services
Supervisor - Specialized Activities - Customer Operations Retail Choice (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/11831638-supervisor)
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Come be a part of our Customer Operations Team as a Supervisor, where you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in a thriving industry! You will be part of a culture where information is shared and new ideas are welcomed. We provide a positive experience with every customer we work with. You will have ability to enhance the customer experience while learning all aspects of our business.
Supervise Senior Customer Service Representatives who handle telephone contact, accounting, credit, personal services and Public Service Commission case handling
Provide resolution to complex rate questions and function as a project team member on emerging rate issues
Evaluate work performance of direct reports on an on-going basis and provide timely feedback and coaching to improve quality and productivity.
Document work processes to help create knowledge transfer guides and reference materials while conducting periodic reviews to identify improvement/enhancement opportunities
Responsible for clearly conveying information to internal and external personnel stakeholders, including conducting presentations to all levels of management.
Ensure uniform and consistent administration and compliance of all company practices and procedures including Diversity & Inclusion (D&I), the Company's Code of Conduct, environmental and safety, as well as governmental regulations.
Improve the Senior Customer Service Representative checklist process and standardize materials and reference guides.
Schedule and facilitate meetings, tracking tasks, and developing status reports.
Communicate with customers and demonstrate the ability to investigate and satisfactorily solve complaints.
Administer On the Job Trainings (OJT).
Ensure direct reports are informed about company policies, procedures, and best practices.
Identify opportunities to update and improve customer service procedures and make recommendations.
Ability to communicate with internal and external customers effectively, providing one-stop service and a +1 Customer experience.
Bachelor's Degree And 2 years of related work experience Or
Associate's Degree And 4 years of related work experience Or
High School Diploma/GED And 5 years of related work experience
- Bachelor's Degree And Supervisory Experience
Relevant Work Experience
Customer Operations experience, or equivalent experience demonstrating strong customer focused responsibilities Required
Project management experience. Preferred
Familiarity with billing (both pre and post automated metering infrastructure (AMI) implementation and willingness to learn the complex billing processes Preferred
Skills & Ability
Demonstrated problem solving skills And
Strong written and verbal communication skills And
Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills And
Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments And
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Must be able to travel to various locations as necessary.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.