Northwell Health Pharmacy Assistant in New York, New York
Req Number 11378
To work in the pharmacy under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist and assist in pharmacy activities not requiring the professional judgment of the pharmacist. Work areas to include but not limited to filling unit dose, repackaging, billing, maintenance of inventory, filling stock requests.
- Repackages and/or labels non-sterile and sterile products and extemporaneous doses as instructed on the batch record by the pharmacist.Utilizes aseptic technique when handling sterile product preparation.
- Stocks the Robot based on the generated daily inventory report.
- Repackages unit dose for the robotic system.
- Maintains inventory control in all work areas, completes alert and reorder forms when required, fills floorstock requisitions from the patient care areas, processes charges to the appropriate cost centers, receives deliveries from wholesalers and other vendors, checks for expiration dates of medications.
- Prepares and fills unit dose cassettes to be checked and dispensed by a pharmacist.
- Inventories, requisitions, and stocks supplies from central supplymaintains IV solution inventoryfills oncology satellite requisitions, and delivers alcohol.
- Replaces OR trays for specialty areas such as open heart and 11 Uris.
- Refills medications for emergency drug units such as open heart trays and code cart trays.
- Maintains work area by leaving area in a neat and organized manner, cleans work area routinely, follows appropriate disposal procedures.
- Delivers stock to patient care areas.
- Performs duties in the event of an emergency such as sick call coverage, vacant position coverage, workload adjustments, and projects.
- Inventories and prepares controlled drugs for pharmacist dispensing and delivers to the appropriate area when required.
Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates' degree, preferred.
Completion of a technician training program, required.
Certified Technician, preferred.
Two years of technician experience, required.
Sterile product preparation experience, required.
Knowledge of medical terminology.