Kaplow PR Junior Account Coordinator, Lifestyle Public Relations in New York, New York
At Kaplow, good storytelling through creative communications is at the core of what we do. We’re known for first-of-its-kind brand campaigns that helped bring the Tar-jay back to Target, won TIME’s 2021 Best Invention with Elvie, revolutionized shopping with Stitch Fix and championed healthier self-images with CVS’s Beauty Mark pledge. Our female-founded, inclusive culture is as important to us as our appetite for innovation. Do you want to get people talking about today’s game-changing brands? We represent the titans of the retail, beauty and consumer wellness industries, like Target, Bluemercury, WW, CVS, Fidelity Investments and disruptors like 23andMe, Digit and Satisfyer.
Our mission is simple: to hire great people and provide them with the opportunities to grow. We are a family-first agency because that’s how we treat our employees. T.R.E.E. – Trust, Respect, Energy and Enthusiasm – embodies our values and commitment to our culture of recognition, learning and support. In fact, a 2021 survey found 100% of employees felt Kaplow has an agency-wide sense of community and a positive culture that fosters professional growth. All that, and we were recently awarded by PRovoke as a Best Agency to Work For in 2022.
Kaplow is looking for a motivated, organized and flexible Junior Account Executive (JAC) to support several client projects across its Lifestyle practice.
The Junior Account Coordinator manages product inventory and logistics for the account teams, and will also help out with client administrative tasks. The JAC position is an entry-level position and is a critical building block to a future career in PR.
This is a temp-to-perm position.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Account Supervisor+
• Manage product logistics (pack, unpack, track)
• Maintain all storage areas according to high housekeeping standards
• Manage external mailings
• Monitor media coverage and maintain coverage trackers
• Source print, interactive and broadcast clips and reprints
• Attend account and team meetings, prepared and ready to take notes
• Provide logistical support for events, trade shows, meetings, etc.
• Learn how the print/broadcast/online media works and how to successfully pitch stories that might feature or include clients
• Adhere to and understand Kaplow’s internal procedures and policies
• Demonstrate a willingness to handle work that falls outside of your official job description, when necessary
• Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, business or related discipline
• Professional and courteous demeanor
• Ability to work independently and function well in a team environment
• Strong communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Strong organization skills with an attention to detail and dedication to quality
• The ability to work with limited supervision in remote storage areas
• Physical ability to manage heavy lifting
• Computer proficiency and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Our culture of growth starts with our people. And we care a lot about our people.
We have a long track record of promoting from within and giving employees a chance to chart a course tailored to their strengths and interests.
Employees are given many opportunities to challenge themselves, pursue their interests and connect with others who share their passions. This includes employee-led committees that focus on topics that matter most to our team -- such as DE&I and the evolving media landscape. We also bring employees together with our Kaplow Book Club, TV Binge Bunch, cooking classes, fitness sessions and more.
In addition to a generous PTO and holiday schedule, we prioritize work-life balance through our TREE Grant, awarding employees with paid time off to give back to their community or take time to “fill their cup.” Trainings and a mentorship program foster career growth. Additional comprehensive benefits include:
· Generous paid time off that increases with tenure (30+ days)
· Summer Fridays beginning at 1 pm from Memorial to Labor Day
· Paid lunches and dinners
· Medical, dental, vision benefits
· Partnerships with Wellbeats, Classpass, Teladoc, New York Sports Club, Pet Benefits and more to provide our employees with corporate discounts
· Pre-tax transit benefits
· 401k and generous employer match
· Paid parental leave
· Nondiscretionary bonuses
· Strong company culture focused on four key pillars: Trust, Respect, Energy, Enthusiasm