S&P Global Associate Corporate Ratings in New York, New York
Associate Corporate Ratings
Associate, Corporate Ratings
Location: Farmers Branch, TX, New York, NY, Centennial, CO, Chicago, IL and Toronto, Canada.
The Associate undertakes rigorous analytical work and is proficient in conducting research and fundamental credit analysis, analyzing financial statements, building financial models and forecasts, and writing analytical reports on rated corporate entities. The successful candidate is able to work effectively in a fast paced environment, possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, is customer-oriented, and demonstrates excellent presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences.
We are currently looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual to eventually join our Corporate Ratings group as an Associate in any of the following offices: New York, Chicago, Denver, Toronto or Dallas. The team is currently working remotely, so onboarding will be virtual for the moment.
The Career Opportunity:
As an Associate, you are working as part of the Corporate Ratings group at S&P Global Ratings. With the guidance of a senior analyst, a qualified Associate typically maintains direct analytical responsibility for a portfolio of 15-20 rated corporate issuers. These responsibilities include ongoing surveillance and rating recommendations, repeat analytical contact with rated entities’ senior management, and presentation of analytical findings to internal and external constituencies. A high performing Associate/Associate Director is likely to be considered for rating more complex and higher profile issuers, as well as for investor outreach. We prepare our most successful Associates and Associate Directors to become our future senior analysts that act as spokespersons and senior analytical leaders in sector teams.
• At S&P Global Ratings, your analytical opinion truly matters and each person who works here has an essential role in S&P Global Ratings reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence.
• S&P Global Ratings plays a vital role in bringing transparency and comparability to the financial markets and helps investors and others measure and manage credit risk.
• By supporting capital markets, S&P Global Ratings helps people to start and grow businesses, cities and states to build highways and hospitals, and manufacturers to build factories and create jobs.
• With offices in 26 countries, rating $47.5 trillion in debt, and with nearly 1,400 credit analysts, S&P Global Ratings is an important part of the world’s financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for more than 150 years in providing investors and financers the information they need to more easily, quickly and efficiently provide capital to businesses and governments.
The Team / The Business:
When you join S&P Global Ratings, you join one of the world's leading providers of independent credit risk research and benchmarks. You are part of a team that produces high quality fundamental research based on established criteria, you have the opportunity to ask probing questions to senior corporate executives, and interact with the global investor community.
• MBA in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics and/or progress on CFA preferred.
• Solid, demonstrable experience (3+ years) within a large commercial bank, investment bank, investing institution/asset manager, rating agency or an audit company working in the field of credit analysis of multinational corporations.
• Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statement analysis, accounting concepts and financial modelling.
• Proficiency with figures and the ability to maintain accuracy and be detail oriented while complying with deadlines.
• Strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills. Ability to prepare forecasts based upon reasoned assumptions will be required.
• Solid communication skills, verbal and written, as well as the capacity to expand, learn, and make a contribution.
• Self starter, motivated, intellectually curious
Compensation/Benefits Information (US ONLY)
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 to $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
About Company Statement :
S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 261112
Posted On: 2021-05-04
Location: New York, New York, United States