Owens & Minor Warehouse Coordinator in Mounds View, Minnesota
BE THE FRONT LINE OF LOCAL HEALTHCARE!
Owens & Minor is a global healthcare company. We empower healthcare providers and manufacturers as they make a difference in the lives of patients every day.
When you become an O&M teammate, you are joining a diverse, vibrant organization with 17,000 teammates. We have distribution, production, customer service, and sales facilities located across the globe - and we are committed to creating a growth-oriented culture that values each teammate's perspective and contributions.
Key O&M Benefits:
- Paid training & overtime opportunities
- Medical, dental & vision insurance available on first working day
- Climate-controlled environment
- Work with world-class manufacturing equipment & technology
- Development opportunities to grow your career with a global company
Take the first step toward a career in the healthcare industry!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all warehouse functions are completed accurately and on time
- Ensuring the accuracy of all shipping/receiving documents and maintaining all records relative to shipping/receiving activities
- Assuring that shipping/receiving counts match picking/purchase order documents and assisting in resolving any discrepancies
- Collecting documentation for outbound freight
- Picking orders to be shipped, ensure proper labels and paperwork have been applied before shipping
- Scheduling inbound and outbound freight to comply with warehouse operations and capacities in conjunction with the Warehouse Manager
- Verifying (recounting) orders received by others to ensure accuracy of incoming merchandise
- Picking customer orders for shipment, ensuring that the correct number and type of product is loaded and shipped
- Utilizing material handling equipment, safely and efficiently, to transport product to shipping locations or delivery platforms and ensuring orders are staged in order of delivery
- Organizing and repacking items that require special handling.
* Qualifications *
SKILLS & EXPEREINCE ::
- General knowledge of math, reading, basic accounting, typing, etc. - equal to a high school diploma
- Prior experience working in a distribution center a plus; Warehouse Certification and Operations Certification also a plus
- Able to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Must be willing to learn how to use new equipment WMS Technology
- Must adhere to all safety rules and requirements
- Must be available to work all overtime hours
- Teammates will need to provide their own protective footwear
Prior experience working in a distribution center a plus; Warehouse Certification and Operations Certification also a plusAble to work in a fast paced, team environmentMust be willing to learn how to use new equipment WMS TechnologyMust adhere to all safety rules and requirementsMust be available to work all overtime hoursTeammates will need to provide their own protective footwear
* Work Environment *
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS & WORK AIDS
2.Voice pick equipment
3.Material handling equipment (to include items such as: hand truck, forklift/reach trucks, cherry pickers)
4.Stretch wrap machines
7.Printers, computers and tablets
8. Steel-toed shoes
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS
1.Inside working conditions.
2.No environmental hazards indicated for this role.
1. Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
2. Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
3. Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally;or up to 25 pounds of force frequently;or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
4. Visual Acuity: Closely viewing in order to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
PROTECTIVE FOOTWEAR REQUIREMENT
1.Warehouse Teammates are required to wear protective footwear that meets the ASTM F2413-11 standard in order to perform their job functions.
2.Teammates will need to provide their own protective footwear. Footwear will need to be available on the first day of employment.
Note: Owens & Minor is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our Company via email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our Company. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by our Company as a result of the referral or through other means.