Robert Half IT Manager: Operations & Help Desk in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
We are partnering with a fantastic non-profit education client with strong Milwaukee roots on an IT Leadership position. This Direct Hire opportunity oversees a team of Help Desk and systems administration professionals across a number of facilities. This role will sit in the Milwaukee HQ and will be hybrid, allowing for some work from home. If this seems like it may be a nice fit, please apply today to be considered.
JOB SUMMARY & REPORTING STRUCTURE
Reporting to the Vice President of Information Technology, the Director of IT Help Desk and Operations is responsible for managing a distributed team of IT Administrators and a Central IT Help Desk.
The manager of IT Help Desk and Operations serves as a liaison between the locations, including Leadership and Systems Administrators, and Central IT, ensuring a 2-way understanding of IT related needs, short and long-term plans, as well as change management. The individual in this role must effectively lead the teams to address stakeholder and business needs and issues in a collaborative fashion.
The position requires strong managerial skills, strong ability to partner with leadership as well as other IT teams, a deep commitment to end-user satisfaction, and experience in driving process improvement.
• Manage and advance the first-level service and support of end-user service requests and computing issues
• In partnership with the IT infrastructure and Applications teams, support and maintain the individual technology environments
• Effective communications between facility IT needs and Central IT teams
• IT related facilities management
• Recruit, hire, train, motivate, develop, set goals and evaluate staff as well as third-party resources
• Develop, manage, measure and report on key service-level metrics including end user satisfaction and develop action plans to address areas needing improvement
• Develop annual goals, budgets and roadmaps in collaboration with IT leadership and leadership
• Strive for continuous improvement of the incident management process and the integration of the process with other IT operations management processes
• Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with all IT units to ensure that IT-delivered services and end-user productivity goals are understood by students and faculty/staff and delivered effectively
• Actively engage in planning, change, release, asset and problem management activities responsible for increased call avoidance, improved asset use and decreased end-user downtime
• Leverage best practices and process frameworks, such as the ITIL, to drive continual process improvement
• Promote self-service tools and the knowledge repository as mechanisms to improve end-user satisfaction and reduce costs
• Stay abreast of trends in IT Service Management, management, technologies, and other external changes that could have an impact on the teams, the university and/or stakeholders
• Ensure incident and problem management procedures in place to consistently and quickly resolve issues, including eliminating human resource single points of failure, ensuring stable operations
• Work throughout the University with support personnel to ensure standard implementation of policies, procedure and operations
Leadership, Core Infrastructure, Technical Support, Windows Server, Cisco Technologies, Organizational Collaboration, Excellent Communication Skills
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.