Marriott SrMgr-Account Sales in Mexico City, Mexico
Job Number 22079477
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Mexico Regional Office, Ejercito Nacional No. 350 Suite 4C, Mexico City, MÉX, Mexico
Brand Marriott International, Inc.
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Provides total account management for assigned accounts. Executes the overall account strategy for complex high producing assigned accounts to generate and maximize business for the properties represented in the market sales. Contributes as a segment specialist developing strategies to maximize targeted assigned segments. Applies the principles of strategic account management. Partners with Sales and Marketing leadership, and the property Leadership team, to develop a comprehensive strategic plan to grow market share from assigned accounts. Develops strong partnerships with buyers for the purpose of penetrating and growing market share and driving sales for the properties. Focuses specifically on growing market share from transient, extended stay, leisure, group and catering revenue. Proactively solicits and manages transient, group and catering-related opportunities for a targeted portfolio of assigned accounts. Develops and maintains the overall account strategy and how to best execute the strategy to maximize revenues from the account. Drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Proactively represents all hotels of portfolio. Provides service to customers in order to grow share of the account on behalf of the company. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Turns over leads properly and in a timely manner for proper follow up. Prospects and develops new accounts.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
• 4 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• Lodging sales experience.
• Account management experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Understanding Markets & Maximizing Revenue
• Develops and implements the overall account strategy for complex high producing assigned accounts.
• Retains, expands and grows account revenue of existing accounts through total account penetration, margin management, and implementation of sales and marketing initiatives.
• Penetrates assigned accounts for group and transient, as well as exploring opportunities for extended stay and catering sales business.
• Identifies and aggressively solicits new accounts in coordination with any relevant Sales and Marketing colleagues and Above Property Sales.
• Develops and implements strategic sales plans .
• Builds and strengthens Accounts with existing and new customers, industry organizations and brand network to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Understands the overall market dynamics - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and how to sell to assigned accounts.
• Identifies emerging business opportunities and risks within assigned accounts and provide feedback to key stakeholders (i.e., property Leadership).
• Identifies and implements process improvements and best practices.
• Promotes accountability to drive superior business results.
• Achieves account revenue and sales goals as defined by Leadership. Develops and achieves operating budgets and manage controllable expenses.
• Anticipates and identifies business opportunities and challenges and respond with a profitable strategy that aligns with overall business direction.
• Increases local penetration of high potential accounts to optimize demand across all brands and satisfy important property needs.
• Engages in property related events that support the development of existing and new accounts (e.g., GM Reception, Concierge Level hospitality).
Conducting Daily Sales Activities
• Executes sales strategy to achieve property goals.
• Maintains current business Accounts for new business within accounts.
• Executes designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve revenue goals.
• Includes successful execution of sales strategies and business.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Establishes and maintains accurate and up-to-date customer, account and opportunity data each account in Opera Sales and Catering to ensure accurate reporting.
• Executes and supports Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
• Participates in and practice daily service basics of the brand (i.e., MHR Spirit to Serve Daily Basics, RHR Savvy Service Basics, Courtyard Basics of the Day).
• Leverages methodologies, technical and business knowledge across the market.
Building Successful Relationships
• Collaborates and engages third parties that are sourced through the organization for their individual travel or group planning needs.
• Serves as the account’s “local service guarantee” by ensuring that outstanding service delivery is maintained at every customer touch point, issues are resolved timely and to the customers’ 100% satisfaction.
• Leverages Above Property Sales and property Leadership to ensure account saturation , pull-through of account strategies and selling solutions at the local property level.
• Develops a close working Account with Operations to ensure execution of strategies at the hotel level.
• Leverages all available sales channels, (e.g., marriott.com, group and transient intermediaries, field sales, worldwide reservation offices), in an effort to optimize sales revenues.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solutions both prior to, and during the program/event.
• Acts as the customer’s advocate through understanding account needs and opportunities.
• Resolves guest issues that arise in the sales process. Brings issues to the attention of property leadership.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building an account and loyalty to the business.
• Conducts and coordinates site inspections for hotels, as required.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.