Southeastern Equipment Co. Inc. Dealership Operations Manager in Mentor, Ohio
Job Purpose: As Operations Manager you are responsible for developing and executing all Parts & Service (hereby known as Product Support) activities within your assigned Branch. You lead the branch to achieve highest safety standards, customer & employee satisfaction and profit expectations of the shareholders. You communicate our company values, our vision and mission through your actions and words.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide day-to-day hands-on leadership and oversight of branch Product Support activities
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of operational strategies that support our annual business plan objectives and key performance metrics
- Responsible for the measurement, adherence, execution and reporting of all service & parts operation’s activities
- Responsible for the measurement, adherence, execution and reporting of all product support sales activities
- Generate annual budget and ensure that financial targets are met; analyze operational results; develop, document and implement action plans to address any variances versus plan
- Motivate and lead a high-performance team of Department Managers & PSSR’s
- Attract, recruit and retain required staff, while providing mentoring as a cornerstone to career development; foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within Product Support operations.
- Ensure that an orderly and safe environment is provided for all branch employees and that all operations achieve safety performance targets and adherence to our Health, Safety and Environmental standards
- Foster an environment that focuses on proactively delivering customer satisfaction results as well as high employee morale
- Lead and support facility maintenance for Parts & Service real estate space, common facility space and landscaping
Developing relationships with all key vendor personnel related to Product Support activities. Other Duties:
Work well with sales department to increase market share of new/used equipment sold
- Understand and abide by Human Resource policies and requirements.
- Work with accounting department to understand risk and liability concerns. Ensure all accounting of parts & service are being handled according to general accounting principles and managed by our business operating system as designed.
- Provide fast and effective equipment repair support to our Rental business.
- Reviewing personnel matters such as hiring, firing, written warnings, raises, and reviews with supervisor Qualifications:
- 4-year BA or BS degree or a minimum 5 years managerial experience in a related field.
- Equipment experience (PSSR, Service/Parts Manager, Ops, Branch Manager roles)
- Demonstrated track record of successful leadership in a previous role
- Preferred working knowledge of parts and service operations.
- Proven record of successfully working in a team-based environment.
- Superior communication skills (active listening, writing, speaking, and telephone)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Financial acumen, including ability to understand an income statement and balance sheet
- Ability to champion and lead change; assist employees in accepting change
- Demonstrated ability to grow and manage business to business sales
- Computer and accounting skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)