Robert Half International Accounts Payable Clerk in Melville, New York
International Construction Company seeks a temporary-to-hire Accounts Payable (A/P) Clerk to become an integral part of its rapidly growing team. As the Accounts Payable Clerk, you will match and batch code, resolve A/P issues, process expense reports, update and reconcile sub-ledger to G/L, and process checks. You will report to the Accounting Manager and have opportunity for career growth and quick advancement within this dynamic department.
· Primary responsibility is to handle the administrative and clerical needs of the AP/Finance Department
· Execute daily processes and controls accurately and in a timely manner; provide compliance with Company policies
· Providing customer service to internal business partners
· Providing internal and external audit assistance as required
· Open, sort and distribute daily department mail
· Sort, log, photocopy, and file invoices, checks, and other documents
· Verify, log and mail checks, including expediting special handling
· Perform special projects as assigned
· BS degree in Accounting, Business or similar
· 2+ years of experience in an A/P role preferred
· Proficient in MS Excel
· Highly organized, detail oriented, have a sense of urgency, flexible and able to deal with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
Strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills, especially with both technical and financial backgrounds
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $16.00 - $20.00 / Hourly
Location: Melville, NY
Date Posted: February 23, 2021
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 02930-9502862221
Staffing Area: Temporary Accounting u0026 Finance