Health First Phlebotomist I- Lab Core Lab, Part Time in Melbourne, Florida
Provides quality phlebotomy service and laboratory stewardship by ensuring optimal support of laboratory testing activities through timely, accurate specimen collection and preparation. Deals with customers in a friendly, courteous, professional, and appropriate manner.
- Complies with all Health First, Health First Laboratory policies and procedures, along with all pertinent federal and state accreditation agency requirements.
- Complies with policies, procedures, processes in the collection and processing of patient specimens and provision of patient services, including offsite phlebotomy services as applicable.
- Meets goals and shows commitment to continuous improvement of performance metrics developed to provide quality patient care.
- Assures valid patient results as evidenced by zero patient or sample identification errors in the pre-analytical and post-analytical phases of laboratory procedures per evaluation period.
- Demonstrates the appropriate skill sets as determined by Competency Assessments.
- Performs basic computer skills pertinent to job performance.
- Meets departmental staffing demands (i.e., holidays, weekends, coverage for illness and/or emergencies, reduced operations, increased workload) per department expectations and demonstrates effective time management.
- Complies with the Health First I-Care values and demonstrates effective communication with co-workers and management to include proper escalation when necessary.
- Performs Point of Care Testing (POC) on the lab menu at the assigned site, correctly and in a timely manner, if applicable.
- Participate in Proficiency Testing as determined by state regulations, if applicable.
- Assists with the performance of lab registration, insurance eligibilities, authorizations, and payments, if applicable.
- Additional duties as assigned by laboratory administration
- Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent with one year of venipuncture experience, or high school diploma or equivalent with proof of completion/letter from a phlebotomy training program provided within the first 90 days of employment. Medical certificates that include phlebotomy training may be considered.
- Licensure: Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Certification: Current AHA BLS certification and maintained
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Strong computer skills, excellent customer service skills, good oral and written communication skills, ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to adapt to a combination of sitting, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, and lifting throughout the shift.
- Ability to push wheelchairs, stretcher, and beds.
- Ability to be flexible in covering required shifts (mandatory overtime).
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds unassisted, several times a day.
- Willing and able to work with bio-hazardous/toxic materials following OSHA guidelines.
- Visual acuity and hand-eye coordination to perform clinical tasks.
- Must be able to pass a colorblind test.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to sit and operate a computer.
Organization: *Viera Hospital Inc
Title: Phlebotomist I- Lab Core Lab, Part Time
Location: Florida - Brevard County-Melbourne
Requisition ID: 064644