Capital One Manager - Product Management in McLean, Virginia
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager - Product Management
If you have the drive for building amazing digital products that impact the lives of millions daily, we want you! As part of the Product Management team within Capital One, you'll be responsible for driving radical change while managing current performance of our digital experience. To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for our customers. You’ll also need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are communicating with our analytically minded, stuffy bankers. (One day, we’ll get them in jeans too…)
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy the challenge of improving our customer experience and taking it to the next level. Things that might tip us off you’re not the right person for this position:
• You think Square is just a geometric shape
• Rasberry Pi looks misspelled
• You have an aversion to denim
• A mobile wallet is your money running away from you
• Thinking about your money gives you hives
In this role you will:
• Lead a highly dynamic and multi-disciplinary team to develop and enhance digital products on a day to day basis. You will translate business strategies into products that delight our customers and position our company for substantial growth and disruption. You are a dynamic product owner familiar with Agile methodology who will rally the team and work in a highly collaborative environment.
• Collaborate with internal partners. You will be exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with key internal stakeholders in support of Capital One’s lines of business.
The successful candidate will be able to understand customer expectations; industry best practices; current gaps & technical constraints; participate in developing the roadmap; drive requirements and ultimately partner with IT Delivery, Operations, enterprise teams (e.g. Legal, Compliance) and third party vendors to deliver the optimal customer experience. The Product Manager will be responsible for communicating within the cross-functional team and on behalf of the team to stakeholders and executives.
Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
BS in Computer Science or Engineering
MBA or Master’s degree
3-5 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
2-4 years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.