Kaiser Permanente Sterile Processing Technician II in Los Angeles, California
Decontaminates, cleans, packages, sterilizes, stores and distributes medical / surgical, equipment and supplies in accordance with CDC, OSHA, EPA, AAMI, Title 22, APIC, SGNA, JC guidelines as required.Essential Functions:- Responsible for filling orders from requesting departments.- Make equipment rounds and return soiled equipment to SPD; clean equipment per manufacturer's recommendations and validate functionality prior to storage; validate PM status on equipment issued from and returned to SPD per department policy.- Answer phones.- Inventory and restock supplies, and specialty carts i.e. isolation, latex, crash carts, etc. per department policy.- Order specialty beds and other patient equipment per medical center practice.- Disassembles, cleans or decontaminates surgical instruments per manufacturer's recommendations including ultrasonic cleaning.- Assembles, inspects, tests, wraps and dates all OR sets including specialty sets per department protocol according manufacturer's recommendations.- Operate all equipment in Sterile Processing Department including, but not limited to, steam sterilizers, plasma sterilizers, automated endoscope reprocessors, biological incubators, heat sealers, instrument and cart washers.- Use of instrument and equipment tracking system in all areas of Sterile Processing Department including documentation of tests and sterilizer records.- Examines and maintains integrity of sterile packages.- Prepare OR case carts according to preference cards on all surgical procedures.- Promotes, ensures, and improves customer service to internal and external customers.- Able to work in a collaborative environment.- Perform other related duties as assigned within the scope of training and service.
Pay Grade: 22
• Two (2) years of experience as a Sterile Processing Technician working in Sterile Processing Department in an acute hospital OR as a Surgical Technician with two (2) years of recent experience working in a Sterile Processing Department in an acute hospital.
• HS Diploma / GED.
• Completion of an accredited Sterile Processing Program including 400 clinical hours or a Surgical Technician program.
License, Certification, Registration
• Sterile Processing or Surgical Technician National Certification required.
• Basic knowledge of instrument processing techniques, including but not limited to decontamination, assembly, and sterilization.
• Knowledge of Sterile Processing Department Policies and Procedures; be able to articulate on soaps and detergents, methods of packaging, types of sterilization methods and parameters, infection control practices, high-level disinfection practices, and safe
practices in Sterile Processing Department.
• Knowledge of medical, nursing, and surgical supplies and equipment.
• Ability to distinguish colors and hear audible alarms required.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize in a stressful environment.
• Basic computer skills.
TITLE: Sterile Processing Technician II
LOCATION: Los Angeles, California
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.