CDM Smith Lead Data Architect (Enterprise Architect) in Los Angeles, California
*Position can be based in any of our CDM Smith offices *
CDM Smith is seeking a Lead Data Architect (Enterprise Architect) to join our growing Digital consulting team. As a key contributor to this emerging market, you will help grow and develop this new business line and team. The ideal candidate will have a unique blend of business and technical savvy, strategic visioning, and communication skills to define the digital roadmap and data requirements to meet the needs of our water, civil, and environmental industries in their digital transformation activities
The Lead Data Architect (Enterprise Architect) will also guide clients through digital transformation efforts and explore trends through ideation, evaluate opportunities and risks, create business transformation maps, and rationalize business outcomes
Job duties may include:
• Develop models for business and technology solutions.
• Develop and maintain enterprise architecture models, such as performance, application, and security.
• Develop architecture governance strategy and controls to ensure consistency between various systems and components.
• Design and lead engagements aligned to a client's business strategy
• Lead teams and work closely with both business users and IT personnel on projects
• Translate end-state business- and technology-models into architectural blueprints.
• Understand, translate, and document existing business systems and technology into architecture vision and models;
• Engage business and technology executives to define, understand and document business strategy and desired business capabilities, iterating new business and technology capabilities, and creating future-state and technology architecture
• Work with stakeholders to help define business requirements for complex systems, focusing on understanding and documenting the business processes and data flows between each component.
• Research and assess emerging technologies and recommend technologies that can simplify development, reduce effort, or solve problems.
• Analyze the available information and data that was gathered to define and document functional changes, system solutions and/or process changes, which are needed in order to meet user goals.
• Confer with the end user to make sure proper testing is planned that will ensure successful implementation and functioning of the new system.
Lead Data Architect (Enterprise Architect)
CDM Smith Employment Type:
Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or related discipline. 10 Years of related experience. Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Expert utilization of various techniques/approaches for capturing/assessing strategic/architectural requirements (scenario planning, concept maps, architecture trade off analysis, solutions)
• Experience and expertise consulting with organizations on enterprise architecture initiatives in environments with diverse technologies, requirements and project priorities
• Experience with enterprise architecture frameworks, methodology, business architecture, business process modeling, information architecture, information modeling, information architecture patterns, application architecture, application modeling, design styles and patterns, technology architecture
• Experience with development of enterprise architecture organizational and governance models
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Excellent problem solving and research skills.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Demonstrates the use of core computer science topics, such as: Object and/or Function Oriented Design; advanced data structures and algorithms; relational database design; and W3C standards.
Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Visual Studio or equivalent IDE.
Demonstrated knowledge of a SQL variant.
Demonstrated knowledge of an enterprise database, such as SQL Server or Oracle.
Knowledge, understanding and integration of design patterns, application modeling (UML, flow diagrams, wireframes, etc.), QA practices and tools (unit testing, issue tracking, source code control, continuous integration),and automated configuration manage
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.