Axis Underwriting Data Capture Associate in London - Scalpel, United Kingdom
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
How does this role contribute to our collective success?
• Ensure Slip information is recorded accurately onto IRIS (Policy Administration System) to monitor premium numbers and enable analysis
• Working collaboratively with Underwriters and other teams within Global Operations
• Ensure Procedures are current, maintained and adhered to and highlight any exceptions
What will you do in this role?
• Underwriting data capture (new business, renewals, endorsements, declarations) within defined service levels for turnaround time and quality
• Managing queries back to Underwriting teams to successful resolution
• Engaging with Underwriting teams on a regular basis to ensure work is effectively prioritised and to understand if there are any service issues which require addressing
• Liaise with other Operation team members (e.g. Credit Control, Data Quality, UW Controls teams) to assist with problem resolution.
• Ensure procedures are kept up to date in Blueworks process and procedure management tool as required
• Involvement in projects (e.g. Iris upgrades, process changes) as required
You may also be required to take on additional duties, responsibilities and activities appropriate to the nature of this role.
We encourage you to bring your own experience and expertise to the table, so while there are some qualifications and experiences, we need you to have, we are open to discussing how your individual knowledge might lend itself to fulfilling this role and help us achieve our goals.
What you need to have:
• Good standard of secondary education
• Experience of London Market Data Capture
• Demonstrable knowledge of one or more lines of business
• Previous experience of a Policy Administration System (ideally Iris)
What we prefer you to have:
• Thorough understanding of London Market slip structure and data
• Previous experience of Data Capture into a Policy Administration System at a Lloyd’s Managing Agency or equivalent at a Lloyd’s Broker or other market service provider
• Specific knowledge of one or more London Market insurance classes
• Willingness to learn and develop a thorough understanding of the classes of business supported
• Strong numeracy and analytical skills, including ability to analyse and compare data and reports.
• MS Office skills – particularly good level of competency in MS Excel and MS Word
• Ability to manage own workload, which has peak periods throughout the year.
• Communication – in person and virtually – willing and capable to contribute in daily team huddles and to work collaboratively with other team members on other classes, particularly in peak periods.
In this role, you will typically be required to:
• Contribute to feedback
• Provide support to process where resource is needed to deal with busy periods.
What we offer:
You will be eligible for a comprehensive and competitive benefits package which includes medical plans for you and your family, health and wellness programs, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, paid annual leave, and much more.
Rewarding. Challenging. Meaningful.
We are shaping the direction of Insurance and Reinsurance during a critical and exciting time for the industry.
Whether you are a student approaching graduation or a seasoned professional looking for a new environment, AXIS has the right challenges and career opportunities for you. At AXIS, we value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining the right people is essential to the success of our company.
We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package which includes medical plans for employees and their families, health and wellness programs, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and much more.