Pitney Bowes REGIONAL ASST OPS MANAGER in Kansas City, Missouri
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Regional Assistant Operations Manager for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
An Ambitious Contributor who can successfully execute multiple tasks in a timely manner. You are a Loyal individual who is a team player willing to take on new challenges.
• Executes project-based assignments assigned by Director of Operations. These can be either data driven analysis and/or a combination of below key accountabilities depending on scope of project and area of focus.
• In conjunction with the Director of Operations and/or Operations Manager, ensures maximization of productivity through timely and efficient workflow of the mail. Organizes the mail flow on the production floor by assigning workers and assessing volumes and type of mail based on current staffing levels. Responsible for volume planning to assure adequate resources are available to accommodate customers’ mail flow. Follows-up to assure mail processing proceeds at the pace needed to meet postal deadlines.
• Completes required USPS and internal reports, job costing reports and application of all USPS postal regulations. Assures clear and concise communication of pertinent information between shifts in assigned location.
• Assists with all mail flow movement throughout the region.
• Provides guidance and input as needed in regard to transportation and logistics including PBPS van routes, courier communications and routes, Mack truck routes and any cost tracking associated with transportation and drop-shipping of mail.
• Works with local site management on labor modeling to ensure productivity goals and metrics are being met.
• Provides guidance and support for acquisitions.
• Upon request, attends sales calls to answer operations questions and communicates with customers concerning volume planning.
• Acting Operations Manager. Helps provide coverage as needed with supervising the production flow and workers on designated shift. Will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable Ability to solve complex mathematical problems using addition, subtraction, multiplication, division to accommodate analytical problem solving laws. Reviews time clock hours of production workers to assure accuracy. Interprets company policies to production staff as needed and upholds safety regulations and practices.
• All other duties as assigned
As a Regional Assistant Operations Manager, you have:
• High level of proficiency in spreadsheet applications such as Excel and Access. Solid understanding of use of Windows environment to set up production runs. Ability to prepare spreadsheets/databases and analyze the data extremely important.
• Ability to evaluate operating center’s efficiency and make appropriate changes to insure maximum throughput. Strong sense of urgency and responsibility.
• Ability to prepare reports and calculate volumes, rejects and other pertinent data.
• Ability to solve complex mathematical problems using addition, subtraction, multiplication, division to accommodate analytical problem solving.
• Minimum of 5 years of supervisory/managerial experience in a production environment demonstrating knowledge of all phases of management, along with leadership skills and initiative. Previous supervisory responsibilities must include interviewing, hiring, training, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, solving problems and safety issues.
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspective and development
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally
The Global Client Operations team strives to provide our clients and partners timely, accurate and compassionate client support with each and every inquiry. To make this happen, we must continually refine processes, drive efficiency, identify and share best practices and partner effectively across every Pitney Bowes function.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Job: General Management
Title: REGIONAL ASST OPS MANAGER
Location: MO-Kansas City
Requisition ID: 183030