Actalent Superintendent in Jacksonville, Florida
• Provides ongoing scheduling input to Project Management staff for all scheduling efforts.
• Coordinates the daily activities for all subcontractors at any stage of construction. Completes all project construction in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
• Manages construction budgets set by the Project Manager, tracking construction costs, and submitting all invoices to Accounting in a timely manner.
• Prepares daily log reports for the site conditions, manpower and activities in sufficient detail.
• Ensures all parties follow all safety procedures and practices according to both OSHA and company requirements.
• Conducts pre-installation safety evaluations and action plans with contractors to ensure work actives are conducted in the safest manner possible.
• Ensures appropriate machinery and tools are available to assigned construction workers and that hand tools and power tools are in proper working order.
• Schedules and participates in necessary inspections required by local and state regulations. Organizes final inspections for completed work.
• Monitors daily construction procedures to make sure that proper quality is achieved.
• Maintains consistent daily communication with project management staff to ensure all parties are informed of current project status and potential issues affecting progress.
• Respond to onsite incidents and emergencies per company procedures.
Construction, Construction management, Commercial construction, Construction supervision, General contractor, Subcontractor management, Ground up, Supervision, Tenant improvement, Safety, Osha 30, Quality control, Retail, Construction safety, Renovation, Mixed use, Inspection, Concrete, Change order
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Minimum of five (5) years construction supervisory experience in commercial construction.
• Project values up to $5 million+ are desirable.
• Advanced knowledge of associated trades including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, drywall, finish trades, layout, etc.
• The ability to read and interpret drawings, contracts, and specifications.
• Knowledge of safety regulations and enforcement of such
• Experience scheduling work, materials, manpower, subcontractors and equipment.
• Computer skills required – Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook), prior experience with scheduling software is a plus.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.