Owens & Minor Custodial Maintenance Technician in Jacksonville, Florida
The custodial maintenance technician performs a variety tasks that help ensure the facility runs smoothly.
Performs custodial and light maintenance duties throughout the division.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Empties trash containers.
- Cleans parking lot and truck loading areas.
- Replaces bulbs in light fixtures.
- Performs minor plumbing responsibilities.
- Ensures aluminum, plastic containers and waste paper are recycled.
- Cleans and lubricates overhead doors and loading dock plates.
- Operates hydraulic press uses for bailing of corrugated materials.
- Performs landscaping duties to include mulching, seeding, bed edging, pruning, fertilizing, mowing, planting and snow removal.
- Sweeps, vacuums, washes and waxes floors.
- Cleans and maintains cafeteria, breakroom, bathrooms, customer service area, lobby and general offices.
- Paints traffic marking, doors, walls, conveyors, racking, etc.
- Maintains current Owens and Minor drivers file for van deliveries.
- Performs acid etching and sealing of concrete floors.
Frequently lifting or moving medium weight materials in excess of 20 pounds up to 50 pounds.
TYPE OF PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
Adjustment of lens of eye to bring an object into sharp focus. This item is especially important when doing near-point work at varying distances from eye.
Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hands. Fingers are involved only to the extent that they are an extension of the hand.
Picking, pinching, or otherwise working with fingers primarily (rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling).
Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion.
- EDUCATION & FORMAL TRAINING:
Basic knowledge of arithmetic, english, and grammar. Accuracy in checking, posting, and counting. Simple use of automated office equipment. Adaptable to clerical routines. Equal to a high school diploma.
B. WORK EXPERIENCE:
Over three months (up to and including) one year.
C. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
General knowledge and use of hand tools.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND WORK AIDS:
Ladder, paintbrush, lawn mower, snow shovel, floor buffer, vacuum cleaner, broom, waxer, grease gun, pruners, hydraulic press, pipe wrench, plunger.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS:
Outside working conditions.
Undesirable working conditions; Exposed to noise, dust, heat, oil, fumes or other elements with one continuously present to the extent of being disagreeable, or with several elements present to the extent of being disagreeable, but usually not more that one at a time.
Note: Owens & Minor is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our Company via email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our Company. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by our Company as a result of the referral or through other means.