Homestead Hospice Volunteer Coordinator - Full-Time in Jackson, Georgia
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the recruitment, training, and retention. Ongoing nurture arts and supervision of Homestead Hospice and Palliative Care volunteers. Increase volunteer hours to exceed compliance of 5% for Homestead Hospice and Palliative Care office.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in related field and in volunteer coordination.
- Demonstrated skill in administrative functions, including the ability to develop policies and procedures.
- Sales and marketing skill sets required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to delegate task.
Demonstrated ability to execute a supportive and sensitive approach to volunteer and patient/family needs. Responsibilities:
Plan and supervise delivery of all volunteer services.
- Assign volunteers to service on the basis of program needs and the interests and skills of Homestead Hospice and Palliative Care volunteers.
- Assess and monitor program needs and develop appropriate volunteer activity and positions.
- Maintain and monitor a record-keeping system, which includes services delivered and actual time involved.
- Recruit, interview, and select volunteers.
- Design, supervise, and/or implement the orientation and training of volunteers regarding Homestead Hospice and Palliative Care philosophy, policy, and practice.
- Oversee performance of program assistant/secretary if required.
- Monitor and evaluate volunteers performance.
- Plan and conduct support meetings for Homestead Hospice and Palliative Care volunteers as appropriate.
- Prepare service reports as required by the Administrator or designated supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Administrator or designated supervisor.